V. Elf of Venom

The drawbridge slowly lowered, with the sounds of the chains grinding against each other and the wood causing her to wince

The drawbridge slowly lowered, with the sounds of the chains grinding against each other and the wood causing her to wince. Aria looked over her shoulder, seeing as Zaydn and William sat atop their horses. Placing his arm upon the horn of his saddle, Zaydn glared at Aria. She turned her head, facing towards the lowering bridge as forest and mountains came into her sight of view.

Soon, she could see the lush environment before her, from trails that lead into the forest to roads that went to the outer village farms. Her eyes went towards the northwest to see the overlooking mountain edge, that she had passed through many times when she wore Aldrich's colors.

The ledge gave her a nice view of Lukosea, views in which Aldrich shared with her as he spoke of one day taking the city, while his arms were wrapped around her like a snake slowly strangling its prey. Those were the times he would order for her to follow him wherever he went, and she blindly followed with her heart fooled into believing they were lovers.

Aria shook her head slightly, pulling her eyes in the direction of the camps Aldrich had nearby. She took a step, placing her foot on the wooden drawbridge. The sounds of running water danced into her ears, reminding her of the moat that connected to some of the rivers. She turned once again, except this time she chose to meet William's gaze rather than Zaydn.

"It will be a little bit of a journey," she said. "I can't tell you how long since I never made that kind of journey, but I can tell you it's in the direction of that hill."

Aria pointed towards the mountain ledge, watching as Williams eyes raised. He rubbed his head for a moment, before pulling a few strands of loose hair behind his ear.

"Is it in the mountain, elf?" Zaydn asked while stretching the word elf. As she lowered her arm, Aria squinted at him.

"No," she answered bitterly. "It's in the forest next to the mountain ledge."

"Then we have no further use of you," Zaydn declared as he pushed his heels into the side of his horse. Riding up to Aria's side, he looked down at her and for a brief moment, he bore his teeth in disgust.

"Last I remember I'm the one in charge of this," William said as he rode up to the other side of Aria. "So pull up your skirt Zaydn, because these are my men and last I checked they don't take orders from someone wearing a dress."

"They're robes, Will," Zaydn mumbled.

Aria clicked her tongue, and without thought she threw her body in front of Zaydn's horse, stopping him. He pulled on the reigns, turning the horse slightly so that he would be able to look down at her.

"Just because I said it was in a forest doesn't mean you don't need me. It could be anywhere," Aria said while crossing her arms.

"Oh, but we know exactly where it is Ms. Sparrow, " Zaydn laughed. "You said earlier that these camps are our outposts taken over by Venom. We know where those camps are. Therefore, we no longer need you."