XVII: Blemish of Red

Aria's eyes opened expecting to see the wooden table in Sam's inn before her

Aria's eyes opened expecting to see the wooden table in Sam's inn before her. Instead, she stared at the top of a beige tent. With an attempt, she tried to move her arms and legs yet she couldn't. It was only now that realization sunk in. There was no feeling. No warmth. No pressure. No softness. It was an empty void deprived of her sense of touch.

Nothing.

Light shone through the cracks of the tent, and dust particles floated before her eyes. She didn't blink. She didn't feel. She didn't hear. Her blood began to rush through her, draining her of color. A thumping sound began to fill her ears. The sound of her own racing heart. Dread slowly swallowed her whole, knowing that she remembered the patterns in the cloth of the tent.

Please, let me move.

Aldrich crept into her line of sight, towering over her as he stretched his arm out to touch her somewhere along her face. She couldn't feel nor see where his hand was touching her. He brought his face closer, for what she assumed was a kiss. When he rose, he gave her a sweet smile. Her heart continued to pound, as it made an attempt to warn her to flee.

No! You lying bastard! This isn't real!

She heard her own screaming voice echoing back at her while her fixed eyes remained on Aldrich. She watched as his lips moved and mouthed a word. Dipping his arms below his shirt, he pulled it off leaving her to stare at his dirty, tanned skin. The thumping grew louder. Her body grew colder as if she had become a corpse. He reached out for her and she watched as his fingers trailed down her.

Don't touch me! This isn't real! You're not real!

His skin slowly slid down his own body, showing patches of golden scales. Black ink spilled from his mouth. His eyes cried black. Slowly, he was morphing into the very monster she saw him as. Bits of his skin dripped off of him, yet he paid no mind. She still watched while he played with her body, pulling her thigh to his lips and running it along his face.

DON'T TOUCH ME!

The only thing she could hear was the yelling of her own voice and the pounding of her heart. He smiled at her with black teeth as ink continued to spill from his mouth. She stared into his eyes, which had become completely black as well. He pulled her legs around him and dipped his head down for a kiss once more. Then she noticed a crushing feeling against her chest. Her heart was pounding so loud she feared it would break. Slowly, her vision grew blurry.

A scream ripped through her lungs while Leo attempted to hold her still. She jerked her head and he quickly pressed it against his chest. Pain ached across her throat as she continued to scream and thrash. Leo tightened his grip, pressing her crying state against himself while he looked over at William with pleading eyes.

"Aria, please, wake up!" Leo pleaded. Her puffy eyes shot open, and a small tear fell from the corner of her eye. Lifting her head, she looked at Leo as she shook to the core. "It's ok, he isn't here. It was a dream."