4

Dylan POV

today is the big day, the first game of the season

today is the big day, the first game of the season. we have been practicing for this day for weeks. i know that our team is ready. And this is also a lot of pressure in me, cause this is the first time that Crimson Tide is hosting a home game for the start of the season in ten years. (okay first of all don't know if that's true. but for the sake of my story it is.)

so we where doing something extra special, so that people could remember today.

"Hadley you ready to go?" i called out.

"ya just tying my shoes." she called out.

since Hadley was riding we me, she was going to be early. cause as captain i wanted to make sure i was the first one there. just to check and make sure everything is in order. plus i wanted to make sure that i was totally warmed up, because it was slightly cool outside.

"ready captain" Hadley came rushing into the living room.

"alright let's head out." i announced.

we pulled up to the parking lot, and there was a couple cars here already. i noticed that Coach was stepping out of her car just as i was.

"Morris glad to see you taking this serious." she smiled.

"thanks coach, i just wanted to make sure that everything was in order before we go out. you know safety first can never be to careful" i justified.

"very true, i am slowly regretting not putting you in sooner. now your leaving us next year." Coach says.

"don't worry coach i will come back and visit. and i can help you with the summer program. we can whip the new captain into shape, but on a positive note. you still have a full season. so let's go out there with the best team spirt." i was trying to stay positive.

"your right Morris, alright you and Jennings go check and make sure everything is in order." Coach smiled.

we nodded in agreement, i went to check the field, while Hadley went to gather the pom pom.

"well what do we have here?" i turned around and was met with a face i have never seen before.

i didn't know what to say, but clearly he did.

"you must be Dylan Morris." he smirked.

"ya so what's it to you?" i placed my hand on my hip.

"oh sassy i like it, i am Conner Hamilton." he smirked.

"and i am busy so you can leave" i didn't have time for this.