28

Cooper POV
Graduation Day

man today is the big day, i can't believe it's been four years. it seems like time had just flown by. i remember my first day as a freshman. man i thought i was the shit, and i got knocked down real fast. especially on the football team. but that didn't last long. i made my place quickly, and it helped that i had Max with me. cause we made it work together.

but now i am graduating, and Max and i could be going our separate ways tomorrow, the day of the draft. we have no idea if we are going to be drafted to the same team. and this will be the first time in almost all our lives we will be apart. it's a scary thing to think about, but we both know that no matter what we will still be as close as we are now, if not closer. like the saying goes, absence makes the heart grow fonder.

but what i am most excited about is the fact that i now get to start living my life, the way i want. i will be moving away from my home town. and getting to see the world on my own. it's a really exciting thing. moms been an emotional wreck theses last few days. but i know that she's excited for me. my dad is probably the most excited, he told me about the draft and it's honestly going to be crazy.

i just know that i am glad Dylan is coming with me. i need her there for support, and of course she agreed with out any problems. which i am forever grateful for. the drafts are in Louisiana this year, which is so cool cause i have never been. so i made sure that Dylan and i are staying a couple of days after the draft. since we are leaving right after graduation, and i want us to be able to sight see. and just have a couple day's of stress free before it gets crazy.

cause once i am drafted, i will have to start looking at places close to my training grounds, and then my training will start.

"what's got you thinking so hard babe?" Dylan's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"nothing much just nervous for tomorrow" which was true, i didn't know what to expect.

"well i can understand why, but you are going to kill it. so don't be nervous" she assured me.

"i know it's just so nerve wracking to not know where i am going. i just want to know" i hated not knowing.

"well only a little bit longer until you know" she smiled.

"ya your right, i am glad your coming with me." i truly was.

"i wouldn't want to be anywhere else" she smiled.

"are you too going to lay around all day, you do know that we have to get ready right" Hadley barged into Dylan's room. thankful we where clothed.

"it's only ten thirty, we don't have to be there till four. so we can relax a little bit longer." Dylan informed Hadley.

"fine but i am getting your butt out of her no later then noon. we have lots to do" she gave Dylan a look.

"alright" Dylan agreed.

"what are you going to wear tonight?" i was curious.

"well i have this really cute white dress, so i figured it was okay. but i mean no one is going to see it any way with the gown over top. well after when we go out for diner, but that's about it. but i don't care." she did have a point.

"i know i have to wear a tie and everything" i hated ties they where a pain in my ass.

"well i think you will look very handsome in a tie" Dylan smiled and kissed my cheek.

"well i still hate them, so you will be lucky if i wear one at our wedding" i was serious.

"trust me when i say, you will be wearing at tie at our wedding. between me, your mother and mine we will make it happen." and i knew that she was right.