Chapter 7

Words - 1786
———————————————————You took the plate he was holding out to you before walking out of the kitchen, not noticing the eyes trained curiously on your leaving figure.
———————————————————

~~You~~

You leaned back on your chair. It had been over 10 minutes and not a single person, skeleton or otherwise, had come in.
You sighed as you twirled a string of spaghetti onto your fork. You were bored and you had another late night tonight so you didn't want to waste the day.
You took a bite. Ru's spaghetti had improved massively since you had started living together, mainly because you had been giving him lessons. Not to brag or anything, but you were an egg-cellent cook...
...
Ru was right...
You really needed to stop with the puns.
...
Sighing again you put your fork onto your plate, having finished the spaghetti. It wasn't your fault you were paranoid. You had been through literal hell because of them and you weren't tempted to risk anything.
So what if they had to have you basically look into their soul? It wasn't your fault.

It wasn't even like that. All you do is observe their actions and make estimated guesses that just.. happened to be right... 99% of the time.
Moving the empty plate out of the way you leaned your head onto the table.

"You ok, little faggot?"
You looked up to see a familiar face (skull? whatever).
"They are taking looooooong. Can't you, I don't know, hurry them up?"
"No can do. I mean, they have the right to be near terrified. It IS scary, what you do."
You stood up suddenly.
"Well I'm bored of waiting."

Sans just stared at you as you stomped into the kitchen, which immediately fell silent as you walked in, shoved your plate onto the side, turned around, grabbed the skeleton closest to you and pulled them into the living room.
"You took too long," was all you said as you walked back into the living room, practically dragging a flailing skeleton.

Shutting the door behind you you pushed the skeleton onto the couch before sitting next to him. It was Red.
He looked hella nervous.
You chuckled. "Calm down. I ain't gonna dust you."
"How can I be sure, sweethear'?"
You just shrugged. "You can't."
He looked slightly stressed as you said that. But you just observed him.
A golden tooth, ever glowing eye lights, chipped bones. You looked and looked before. Bingo.
"Got it. You can go now. Make sure to send in some one after you, otherwise imma drag them in."

Red looked surprised and slightly uncomfortable. He seemed unsure of whether you were being serious or not.
He slowly stood up, before making his way to the door, quickly closing it behind him.
Stretching your back, you looked at the door as you heard it open.

It was Edge.
He didn't say anything just sat down.
Observing.
Cracked skull, arrogant posture, slight shaking hands.
Got it.
"You can go."
He just walked out.
You smiled this could be done quite quickly if managed well. Get them in, observe, get them out, move onto the next. Kinda like your work.
You let out a light chuckle at the thought as blue bounced into the room.

"HEY HUMAN, DO I JUST SIT DOWN?"
You nodded, your smile widening.
Blue plopped onto the sofa then stared at you, his skull covered in curiosity.
Observe.
Ever smiling face, open features, slightly tense arms.
Check.
"Thanks baby blue." You said happily.
He flushed a little at the nickname but grinned all the same. He jumped up, filled with seemingly endless energy, and basically ran, skipping out the room.
You laughed out loud this time. Baby blue was so much like Ru.