Chapter 9

Words - 1359
———————————————————Yep, and maybe tonight you would be able to sleep without nightmares, who knows anything's possible...
...
...
...Right?
———————————————————

~~You~~
(this is a dream/nightmare kinda thing. Idk)

You opened the door. You had just finished the morning shift and was really craving a cup of Ru's famous tea.
You walked through the hallway, not hearing a single noise throughout the entire house. Even your footsteps sounded muffled, as if heard through water.

You felt extreme unease sweep through you as walked into a empty kitchen.
It looked like a literal hurricane had come crashing through the room.
Cutlery were strewn across the floor, along with pots and pans. A knife was lodged into the wall and the stove was on fire.
It looked like half made, now blackened and smoking, spaghetti was lying in a pan.

"Monster? Ru? Where you at?"

You were beginning to freak out.

"SANS. PAPYRUS."

No answer.

Tears began to fall down your face as you stopped moving. You had opened the door to the living room and there was Sans. His back was facing you so you couldn't see his expression but there was a luminous blue light coming from where his eye was.

He was in a fight.

A pile of ashes were next to him and he seemed to be wearing Papyrus' scarf.

Slaaashh

Sans froze. Then began to crumble. His boney features slowly dismantling.

"SAAANNS."

"Oh look who it is."

A cheery voice greeted you from behind Sans' disintegrating body.

"Oh it really is good to see you. I was waiting and thought I'd give you a surprise."

Sans' dust drifted to the floor, no longer blocking your view.

It was Them.

They were just standing there. Innocently smiling while chaos surrounded them. Their pink cheeks and short brown hair barely visible in the darkly lit room.

"I've been looking for you for years now. How long did you last this time? Around 27 years I think."

They clapped they hands together, still smiling.
Then their eyes opened and blood red irises looked at you through the dark.

"Congrats but i think I'm going to cut this life short. I was very patient last time. You lasted till you were 43 right? You haven't yet made it to 50 in any of your lives, have you?"

The lights shut of.

There was no sound, no light, nothing.