Awaken

“Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast

        “Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast.” — Nicki Minaj

     Fire ran through my body like a firecracker going off in the dead of night. I could barely feel my own body as I sensed myself shaking. Shaking from pain, fear, and uncertainty. I didn't know where I was nor, how I got here.
My eyes snapped open only to close again. I found it hard to adjust. It felt as if a bright light was shown through my eyes. Till, I realized I was in complete darkness.
     My body was confined in a small, dark, rectangular shape box. Shaped to fit my body perfectly as if it was made for me. 
Was I in a coffin? Was I dead? Where am I? 
Questions filled my mind as I started to freak out. Shaking uncontrollably, and pushing myself to each side. I felt it hard to breathe, but this whole time I wasn't breathing.
Then, I felt thirsty. Not just any thirst. This thirst has never ran through my body before. My teeth started to grow, and I felt fangs take the place of my two pointy teeth.

If this is what death felt like. Then I'd like to have a redo at life.

  .....................................................................

5 months Earlier - Volterra, Italy

A woman, no older than twenty walked gracefully through the halls of the dark glumly castle, till she reached the very doors that held her destination. A hard knock, and the doors were swung open. To reveal her uncertain form peering at three men who took their seats on each of their thrones. 
      "Ah, how lovely for our dear Layla to join us." The middle man, with long black hair, and the creepy grin says whilst clapping his hands together. 
     "Masters, you've received a letter from the Cullens." Layla says as she makes her way to the center of the room, and stops just in front of the king. Aro takes a quick glance at each of his brothers before he gets up, and ascends from his throne. 
Swiftly but gently he grabs the letter, opens it, reads it, and puts it back in the hands of Layla. 
Aro starts to make his way back to his throne as he calls over one of his guards. Layla took this as her chance to leave before she became lunch. 
     "Master." A boy says as he flashes in front of the king. 
    "Dear Alec. I would like for you to take this letter, pack your things and head to Forks, Washington." Aro starts leaving the boy confused as he takes the letter and looks at it carefully. Not fully reading it, but studying the envelope it layed in. His sister, Jane is just as confused as she goes to protest, but is quickly quieted by one hand jester of the troubled king. 
     "You have some business to attend to my dear child." Aro finishes.
Alec was still confused as he bows, and rushes out. To go and take care of the "business " Aro claims he needed to attend to.