Adopted

I stared with anger at the man standing before me. All this time and he finally decided to show up.

    "Micheal." I spat.

    "Ilithyia." He coolly said crossing his arms with a smirk on his face. He continued to smile at me as I glared. I could feel the intensity in the room as we continued to lock eyes at one another. The sound of Sapphire laughing broke our gaze as we both looked towards Alec who held my baby. "Awe, that must be my daughter." Micheal said, clapping his hands together and smiling at Sapphire.

   "Your daughter? Last time I checked you walked out on me. Abandoned me! Leaving me to care for "your daughter" all alone." I said, feeling my body shake from anger.
   "Now, let's not be so quick to bring up the past sweet Ilithyia. I'm here now!" He walked over to Alec, who backed up in a warning manner, but Micheal continues to advance forward. Alec is glaring now, and I could tell he was angered. So was I.
I looked over to Jane give her pleading eyes. She nods and walks forward.
    "What do you think you're doing sir?" She hissed out, grabbing onto his arm and yanking him back. He was taken back by the younger looking girls strenght.

   "I'm getting my daughter. I want to take her. I made the mistake of not taking her the moment she was born. When my mother found out you had a girl, she was ecstatic to have a granddaughter." Micheal said, moving back towards Alec. Only to be heald back again.
This time Jane accidentally used her gift on him. His screams rang through the whole house. Everyone was tensed, afraid at what Sapphire would do. She surprised all of us by laughing and clapping her hands. I laughed as well as Alec smiled at her, and kissed her cheek.

    "You like that?" Alec whispered, bouncing her up and down. Sapphire grabbed both his cheeks and kissed his nose. The screams stopped and Micheal hurried to his feet.

   "What the hell, you are a monster!!!." He screamed pointing at Jane. All she did was smile, and tell him thank him. I glared at him, "You need to leave. Now, and never come back." I demanded, pointing to the door. Demetri went up behind him while Felix went to open the door. Michael went to protest, but Demetri pushed him away, towards the door. He pushed him one last time and threw him out the house. I felt relieved as the door was shut and he was gone. Alec walked over to me and handed me Sapphire. I smiled and held our daughter close. Alice walked over as well, and handed a paper to Alec.

    "You might need this." She winked and walked back over to Jasper. I eyed the paper suspiciously as he read through it.

   "Adoptive papers?" He asked looking up at all of us, and then back on me.
I smiled and grabbed his free hand.
He still looked confused, but he smiled when he saw Sapphire smiling at him.

   "You admitted that you already call her your daughter. So why not make it official?" I explained, rubbing my thumb over the back of his hand. His eyes grew wide, and if he could cry. I bet he would be. Everyone looked so happy, and joyful as Alec brough us into a hug.

   "Da daaaa!" Sapphire started mumbling out. We all looked at her in awe as she giggled. We laughed and kissed.

        .......................................................

My life felt fully complete. I looked around at my family. Smiles were all over. Two covens brought together under one roof, due to one little baby girl. I'd like to think she was the miracle these vampires needed to feel at peace with one another. I know she was the miracle I needed. I looked over to see Sapphire messing around with her baby toys.

Alec comes up, and wraps his arms around me. Pulling me back into his chest. He placed a gentle kiss to my cheek. I looked up and smiled at him.
Oh yeah, I definitely plan on marrying this man one day. Giggles filled the room as everyone sat, and watched the little baby that had the biggest smile on her face, play with a pokemon and some army men figurines.