Chapter 4: Elaine

The next day Levi did the same routine and then the bell rung and everyone walked in that day.. even Eren.. in a dress. Levi did his best to hide his laughter but while calling roll Eren could hear him chuckle.
"Connie."
"Sasha, quit eating in my class dammit!"
"Mikasa" ' Bitchy as usual'
" Armin."
"Hmm, Elaine." Levi looked up to eye Eren and Levi has to give him credit, he looked hot, but what was the point of doing it?
Eren just became more flustered and Levi was too, he pulled off the look very well and Levi wished that was his 'girl'.
"Er- um Elaine, so I see you are new to our class?" Eren just nodded in response because he couldn't pull off sounding like a female and he was aware that everyone could see through his facade, but Jean had to point it out even more. Levi was just really confused and questioning everything right now.

"So, Elaine you look really familiar, you remind me of this one douchebag that actually sits in that exact spot, but you won't get to meet him because he's not here today, but if you did you'd probably look the other way." Eren was pissed if it was anyone else he would have brushed it off but Jean 'fucking' Kirstein, no way in hell.

"Honestly, I think I should look away from you and your horserace." Jean jumped up and so did Eren, it was on and neither of them were backing down.

"Alright Eren we know it's you so come on out and quit hiding under that stupid disguise like it's doing you any good, why are you wearing that shit anyways?" Eren instantly looked to Mikasa which looked in the opposite direction and tried to avoid eye contact.'Thanks asshole' Eren couldn't come up with an answer so he just hit him and that's when the fight began.
"You bastard! What the hell was that for?" Jean didn't give him time to answer before he hit him back, they were throwing punches and crappy comebacks back and forth.
In an instant, Levi had pinned Jean down with his foot and held Eren's arms behind his back. Eren began to have flashbacks of his father and started to panic and Jean only laughed.
"What's wrong Eren sad you lost?" Jean continued to mock Eren until he met his eyes, he looked afraid and began to cry, he was paralyzed with fear."Eren...are you okay?"
Levi also saw Eren and couldn't figure out the problem. " Oi brat, are you good?" Eren barely at a whisper tried to tell Levi what was wrong.
"Hey, can you please get off?" Levi could barely understand but he gave him his reply calmly.
" I'm sorry, Eren..I can't let you go." ' Not now, not ever.' "It's not allowed, I have to keep you apprehended due to policy." Eren couldn't deal with this anymore, all he could see was his father doing the same thing and Levi being the one touching him definitely didn't help.
Eren caught his attention this time. " Levi, I don't need to be held down, please let go of my arms." Levi loosened his grip for a second before gaining composure.
" That's not my name, it's R-rivialle and as much as I want to I can't until principal Erwin arrives." ' What the hell, since when do I stutter!?' Levi has never told any of his students his actual name before so there's no way Eren would know his name.
"God dammit, Levi let me go already!" Everyone was watching and began whispering to themselves, they were confused about what was happening.
Armin decided to speak up. " Eren, who's Levi, that's not Levi that's Mr.Rivaille you know that." Armin asked very innocently and Eren stopped, he didn't realize he screamed out his name, and Eren began to panic. He forgot that he was the only one who knew the name Levi so people would question him. Eren started to thrash around and scream, he was fighting back. Levi let go of Jean and he instantly ran back to his seat while Levi hugged Eren to hold him in place.
"No! Levi is Rivaille, he's right here, he's alive right behind me, you idiots what's wrong with you, why can't you see!" Levi couldn't take anymore of this, he hated hearing him in pain.
' Why are you freaking out, It's okay, I'm literally just hugging you there's no reason to be afraid.' Then it hit Levi, it all made sense, why else would Eren say all these things? It's because Eren knew everything, about Levi's death, the walls, Titans, his friends, everything, and he was in denial and had never gotten over Levi disappearing he had seen so much and went through it alone, and to hear that Levi wasn't there must have triggered him..but now Eren was freaking out and Levi needed him to calm the fuck down.
Levi did the only thing he could do, he told Eren what he needed to hear. "Eren, stop I'm right here, but I need you to take a breath, it's alright I'm alive, you're a hundred percent correct, but you hit Jean and so I wont hold you, but we have to walk out of the class..now."
Eren was shook and Levi kept his composure as usual. They walked out the door and after Eren began to calm down he began to think about what Levi said.
"Wait, what do you mean I'm right, y-you remember!?" Levi didn't know how to respond he's went so long without Eren that he became used to the idea so he never thought he'd have to bring up this topic, he just began to grow colder over time.
"Yes, I'm just as surprised you remember, why didn't you tell me anything?" Now Eren was confused, why would he tell him if he never showed any sign?
"Why would I tell you if I didn't know you had your memories as well?" Levi understood but he honestly didn't care right now, he didn't need the details, he just wanted to hold Eren, his Eren.
"I tri-" Levi had grabbed up Eren in a huge embrace and Eren stood still for a moment before returning the sentiment. " Levi, I m-missed you so much, so damn much, y-you don't understand how hard it's been." That's it.. Eren lost his shit and broke down in Levi's arms, because even though he remembered Eren knew deep down that they couldn't be happy together.
"I missed you too, brat." When Erwin arrived he explained that Jean would get detention and Eren would have a 3-day suspension for starting the fight. Levi himself punished Connie for screaming fight repeatedly and instigating the argument. Eren didn't care though, he was relieved that he wasn't alone in this world and have someone to be by his side, he'd figure out a way to be happy with Levi no matter what.
After class Eren waited to speak to Levi and ask him a question that may or may not get him killed. " Umm Levi, d-do you think that I could stay at your house tonight." Levi just stared at Eren and didn't reply and Eren was beginning to get worried.
"Eren?" 'Oh boy.'
"Yes?"
"Why the fuck would I say yes to my student coming to my house, when you're underage?" Eren knew exactly what to say to get the answer he wanted.
"Well I was underage back then.. plus it's been really lonely lately and it wouldn't be the first time I've came over.. " Levi was at a loss for words he didn't know what to say so all he did was give Eren the best answer he could.
"Let's go."