Chapter 6: Nightmare

Eren woke up, but he wasn't in Levi's room, he was outside of wall Maria fighting Titans and watching his friends be torn apart, the Beast Titan had caught them by surprise again. The first one to go was Sasha, then Connie, after that it was Jean and then Armin. While watching this he heard someone call his name, that's when he saw Captain Levi bleeding from a gash in his chest. Eren was horrified but he couldn't escape this nightmare, or was this reality? He didn't know it all felt so real and he thought he was going insane. He heard Levi again.
"Eren why are you just leaving me here to die?" Levi continued to cough up blood he was getting cold fast.
"I-im n-not, it's okay you're gonna be alright, I'm going to get you to safety promise." Levi simply looked up at Eren no emotion on his face.
"Eren?"
"Yes?"
"I hate you." What did he mean, what did Eren do?
"What for?"
"For giving up on me and just letting me die."
"No Levi wait I'm sorry, you're gonna be okay, please stay with me, I love you."
Levi took his last breath and died in Eren's arms but Eren didn't pay attention Levi couldn't be dead.
"No, Levi please wake up!" Once again Eren let Levi die, he couldn't protect him. Eren was heartbroken, its his fault . Eren shook Levi but he didn't budge.
"Eren." 'Whos calling my name now'
"Eren, get up." Eren sprung up with a huge gasp and tears running down his face.
'Not again.' 
"Hey look at me, hey, Eren what's wrong, what happened?"
"Just a nightmare...about the movie."
"Oh, alright." Levi knew he was lying because he woke up to Eren thrashing around screaming his name along with his comrades. Eren was still suffering, he had a nightmare about Levi's death, he can't imagine how Eren dealt with everything following the death of his closest friends and his other half. Levi didn't get to see how Eren's life played out but Hanji told Levi how she was there for him till the end and kept him from being alone. She also told him about how depressed Eren was and how he never really smiled again he just seemed in his own little world. It hurt Levi to hear these things, but he couldn't help it. Eren is stronger than he thinks and makes Levi stronger as well. After Levi checked up on Eren one more time, he decided to try to get some sleep again but his time holding Eren tighter, Eren could feel Levi against him and the helped to assure him that Levi was there. Eren still didn't get much sleep after that though, he was too afraid, every night he sees those images and he wants to forget them. It's not like Levi didn't die, he may be alive now somehow, but the Levi from before was stabbed and died. Eren waited for a bit until he finally dozed off and even then he didn't dream of anything, he made sure to keep his mind blank.
Sun was shining through the window into Eren's eyes and he tried to cover his face but he was already awake. When he sat up he realized he wasn't in his bed and remembered last night, he looked over to his side to find no Levi so Eren decided to go look for him. Eren found Levi at the table drinking tea and reading something.
"You just gonna stand there." Eren didn't realize he was zoning out again.
"No, sorry."
"It's alright, coffee?" Levi still remembered that Eren preferred coffee over tea.
"Yes, Thankyou." Levi nodded in response he was still tired from last night.
"So did you finally get some sleep last night?
"Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't mean to worry you, I actually have a lot of nightmares so I'm used to it but I know it was unpleasant."
"Actually it's the best sleep I've gotten in years." It was true Levi was always alone so to have Eren in his arms made it all the better. "And stop apologizing, it's getting annoying."
"Oh,sorry-i mean." Levi glared at Eren and he just tried to look the other way.
"Also nice try, trying to use my mother's name to cover up your secret." Eren was honestly stupid, why couldn't he had thought of a better name?
"Oh shit sor- i mean my bad, I just couldn't think of anyone else and also I thought you didn't remember at the time."
" Well like I said, still my mother's name." Eren was in panic mode at the time, he didn't want to reveal his secret so he chose her name.
"Well it's over now and I'm bored so what do you want to do today?" Eren had to think, personally he didn't want to go out he kinda just wanted to be with Levi and relax for the day.
Eren's thoughts were interrupted by a loud banging on the door, Levi made Eren stay back while he grabbed a knife and opened the door carefully. When Levi swung the door open you could hear a high pitched scream from the other side. Eren was trying to see who it was but couldn't get a good view. All he could do was listen in on the conversation.
"Damn, it's you, now's not a good time." Levi went to shut the door when the other person pushed it back open, Levi went to yell at them but saw their face first. "What the hell happened to you?"
"L-levi it was m-my boyfriend but I knew I shouldn't have come back here but I didn't know where else to go your the only person I could think of."  Eren recognized that voice he knew it sounded familiar but he couldn't put his finger on it.
"Well, I guess you can come inside for a minute while I figure out what to do."
"Th-thankyou Levi, I'm sorry for intruding but I hope I'm not in your way."
"Well I have company so as long as they are comfortable then it's alright."
Levi  walked into the house with his new guest and Eren was shocked, he couldn't believe his eyes.
"Eren, I'd like you to meet Petra and Petra Eren."