Chapter 20: Staring Death In The Face

The blonde hair...the glasses...the blue eyes...the face structure....Zeke Jaeger.

Levi jumped backwards and pushed Zeke off of him, he was having a panic attack.
He kept seeing Hanji over him, the taste of blood in his mouth, the sound of screaming and his death playing over in his head.
He couldn't stop thinking and was feeling light-headed. Eren watched this all play out but he couldn't see the driver so he was confused.

"Levi are you al-" Eren reached out to Levi to see what was wrong.

"AHHHHHHH!" Levi screamed and jumped on top of Zeke and began to throw punches left and right. Eren got on top of Levi and pulled him off finally realizing who it was.
Eren froze and Levi went back to beating the hell out of Zeke.

"You son of a bitch! It's your God damn fault! You should have died! You should have died INSTEAD OF ME!!" Levi's words were caught in his throat when he was yanked backwards. Eren had pulled him into his arms and scooted back towards the car. They were both soaked and Levi was fighting Eren but he was holding on as tight as he possibly could. When Eren's back hit the side of the car Hanji looked out the window to see them and ran out of the car to see what was wrong. They weren't able to hear from in the car because of the rain so Hanji was surprised to see Levi freaking the hell out.

"What's wrong?Why is he freaking out? Levi snap out of it!" Hanji had to scream because the rain was so loud.

"I-In the middle of the road, it's him, go see if he's alright. I have Levi he's not going anywhere." Hanji walked into the road and what she saw made her feel things she hasn't felt in a long time. Hanji bent down and grabbed his neck.

"Hanji No STOP! Don't hurt him!" Eren couldn't stop both of them. He hit his head against the car alerting Mikasa and she instantly went after Hanji tackling her to the ground in an attempt to stop her. Mikasa pinned her down and kept her still.

"Hanji stop." Hanji looked up at the raven- haired girl and stopped fighting.

"He's hurt and needs medical attention not two people trying to murder him." Mikasa looked back at Eren who was still clinging to Levi, eyes clamped shut, arms constricting him.

"But he took Levi away from us which took Eren's life away as well! He took them from us from you! He took the love of your life and killed him without putting him in the ground!" Mikasa shook her head.

"No Hanji I learned what love is but I grew up, he's not the love of my life. Do I still feel things? Yes. But I don't love him like that anymore." Hanji was confused and Mikasa couldn't explain it any other way.

"But you did! You did love him! And He's evil, he doesn't dese-" Hanji felt something warm touch her. She closed her eyes and moved along with Mikasa who began to kiss her. Mikasa released her arm and it instantly went to Mikasa's hair. It was a heated few seconds in the cold rain but they had more important things to focus on. Hanji took a deep breath and parted ways with the raven.

"Go help Zeke, I'll handle Levi okay? Now calm down he was punished before so let's not repeat history." Mikasa got off Hanji and helped Eren with Levi. Hanji walked towards Zeke and called 911 and waited for the ambulance to take him off to the hospital. Mikasa and Eren had managed to get Levi in the car and now he was currently in the back with Eren and Hanji. Mikasa had Armin drive to the Cafe so he could run in and grab food. Everyone sat in the car while he was in the Cafe. Pure silence. Eren looked to Levi who was on his left and watched as the man stared at his hands in his lap. Eren took his hand into his own and Levi looked up for a second. Eren could see the sadness in his eyes and it hurt him. Levi looked so tired, he just needed to rest. Levi leaned towards Eren resting his head on his shoulder.