Dog Troubles: J.B

Summary: Reader and Joshua have to wash her dog and it ends up in bit of a mess
***

" Why are we doing this again?" Joshua questioned.

" Because," I started to explain for the fifth time. " a dog doesn't wash itself. Plus, you promised you'd help me since I helped you rehearse your lines." I poked him in the chest playfully.

" Right." He said.

Lila was my Shih Tzu with white and brown fluffy hair. She was the cutest thing of life, but hated baths. It was my turn to wash her and I called Joshua up to help me. She might have been cute, but was a handful.

" So, Y/N what do I do exactly? I've never had a dog." He laughed.

Lila was wiggling in his arms, trying to stray away from the tub. She started to wag her big fluffy tail in Josh's face. She knew what she was doing. This little dog was trying to find pity in my boyfriend so she wouldn't get a bath. Sorry hun. Not going to happen.

" Place her in the tub. Be careful. She'll try to jump out the moment she can." I warned him. I went over to the sink and opened there cabinets underneath. I grabbed two bottle, one of shampoo and the other of conditioner.

" Babbbbeeee!" He whined. " Do we have to give her bath? She's practically begging us not to." He gave into her cute brown eyes.

Oh she was good. Too good.

" Don't trust her little puppy eyes. She'll turn on you the moment she gets it. Now turn on the water. Not too hot. Not too cold." I instructed him.

I kneeled next to Joshua and placed the bottles next to me. I began to put water on the little pup and Josh helped me. I turned off the water once she was drenched.

" Okay. Open your hand." He did and I squirted the shampoo onto his hand. " Smear it all over her."

I placed a small amount into my hand and we began working the shampoo into her fur. She tried and failed to get out of our soft grasp.

" Aww." Joshua said with complete admiration.

" I know right. She's so cute." I smiled at Lila.

" Her and her owner." He winked at me.

" You're too good Bassett." My cheeks turned pink and I shook my head.

I felt a bit of water on my face as Lila shook herself violently to get rid of the water on her fur. Light specks that tickled my skin lightly. I held her still.

" Now, lets get the suds off." I giggle. I started the water again. We washed her off and this time she was nice and still.

" Oh shoot." The towel on the rack fell randomly and I stood up to get it. " Babe, can you get the conditioner on her."

" Okay." He said.

I placed the white towel back on the rack, but I didn't expect what came next.

" Shoot! Lila!" I turned around and saw the trail of left over shampoo on the floor and little paws running. She had got out.

Joshua slipped on water as he tried to go after Lila. Not again! She's so slick.

I ran after Josh and it turned into Mario Kart in real life. Lila ran her tiny body around the house, twisting, turning, and even going under the couch and coming out the other end. We chased her and still couldn't grab her. Her wet fur made her extremely slippery.

We eventually cornered her back into the bathroom, but my soaked socks gave away and I fell. Joshua tried to keep me from falling, but only resulted in him falling with me.

I couldn't help, but start laughing. " This is too much."

" I'm never getting a dog." My boyfriend chuckled with me.

And to top it all off, Lila stepped on me and went all the way up to my chest and started to lick me face.

" Okay. Now, it's bath time. First you," I poked Lila's black nose. " then me."

" I think you might need one too." I ruffled Joshua's curly hair.

" Definitely."

I could totally see this

I could totally see this. Not going to lie🥺💙