Paper airplanes: R.B

Summary: Reader is bored in classes and every so often makes paper airplanes. She throws them into the trash can, trying to get it in. It wasn't until one day, she completely missed.

***

Tick. Tick. Tick.

That's all the clock did. Time seemed to be slowing down by the minute. Algebra was one of the most boring subjects ever. We were learning...come to think of it, I didn't know what we were doing.

My hands fumbled with my notebook paper and very quietly ripped out six pieces. I began folding the sides and sharping out the tip.

Paper airplanes were my number one go to when I was bored. Especially in math. That was because I was right by the trash can. It was so hard to get the planes in, but at times I had luck strike randomly.

One. The paper plane hit the corner of the trash can, but didn't enter. I looked at my teacher, who was distracted at the computer.

Two. Luck struck and it entered the can. I whispered yes very quietly as it entered.

Three. It made a loop, but ended up two inches away from the can.

Four and Five were no good. They both landed very close to the bin, but didn't enter. Ugh! Why was this so difficult? It's a freaking piece of paper. I was losing to a plastic bin. The hell!

The bell finally rang and I stood up, ready to get out of the room. " Ms.L/N. Detention today in the biology lab: Room 305." My teacher said without looking up from the computer.

Fūck me.

I rolled my eyes and left the room. Not before attempting to throw the last paper airplane into the trash can; I threw it behind my shoulder, blindly.

Detention was quiet. Only four other people were in the white room of silence. I was tapping my pen on my hand as I attempted to write an essay for bio.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

It was almost like the clock was mocking me for getting a detention. Ha. Laugh all you want clock, but I'll be out of here eventually.

Wait. Am I really talking to a clock? I guess I am. The door of room 305 opened and a boy with brown curly hair entered. I looked back down to my paper and continued my work.

As always, I got bored. So—even though I really shouldn't have—I silently ripped out a piece of paper and turned it into an airplane.

With the teacher turned around, I shot the airplane into a pot of dirt. It rebounded off and I clenched my fist tightly.

I tried again. And again. And again. And every time I failed. So I tried again. And again. And again. I tried until it was 4 o'clock and everyone was sent home.

I was full of rage and so I— again— threw the last paper airplane blindly behind me. I was about to leave the school when I heard,

" That's the second time today you hit me with a paper plane." A deep and slightly raspy voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw non other than Ricky Bowen. " What?"

" I think," he opened his palm and revealed a vaguely crumpled paper airplane. " this is yours."

" Oh uh..." I had no idea what to say to the boy with beautiful brown eyes.

" You kind of threw this at me in algebra when you weren't looking. It wasn't until I was detention and I saw you throwing paper airplanes did I realize it was you." He laughed a bit. " That and you hit me again."

" Oh my god! I'm so sorry Ricky." I apologized.

" It's okay Y/N. No need to apologize. " He smiled at me and laughed. " And maybe next time, aim for the trash can."

He walked away with his hands in his pockets. I was wondering why he even came up to me if he didn't want an apology when I noticed the paper airplane on the floor.

I picked it up and was about to put it in the trash when I noticed writing on it.

You look kinda cute when you're making paper airplanes in class. Maybe you can teach me (***-***-**** )

That was slick Bowen. Very slick. I laughed to myself and smiled, knowing the boy with brown eyes was going to stick around.

I really like this one🙃🥺 hope you enjoyed