Lie Lie Lie: J.B

Summary: All the Reader can do is lie. The Reader has always lied. It is what she was taught to do and she can't stop. Not even for the sake of her relationship. Around Joshua the Reader often tells the truth, but not always.

***

" You've been lying to yourself." He said. " Lying to everyone else. Only think about yourself. Darling, what the hell?"

" I don't have a clue what your talking about." I lied.

" I know what you say about me." He grimaced. " I hope it makes you happy."

" I don-" He interrupted me.

" Don't lie. Not again. I'm sick and tired of it. Why?" His brown eyes only shed sadness.

" Why what?" I folded my arms.

" Why do you lie? Why?"

I stood frozen, not knowing what to say. I just lie. Lie, lie and lie.

"What else can I do when I wasn't taught anything else?" I said. " My mom lied to me all her life, my dad lied, my siblings lied, my grandparents lied. Everyone else in my life lies. What do you think I can do?"

" You can stop!" He raised his voice and I flinched. " I'm sorry. I shouldn't have raised my voice. But, you can stop the cycle. You can stop lying."

" Alright then! I will." I lied.

" I know your lying through your teeth." He snapped.

" No I'm not."

" Lying again. You have that same glimmer in your eyes whenever you lie. The same look as last night."

" I went nowhere." I turned away from him, not wanting to see him. " I was in my dorm. Like always."

" No you weren't. I saw you with my own two eyes at the party with that guy."

" He didn't mean anything." This I said honestly.

" I don't know whether to believe you or not."

I sighed.

What else am I suppose to do?

" You can even ask Olivia. She was there." I said, rolling me eyes.

" Nope. You taught them the lies that you told me." He stood stubborn.

" I did not."

His eyes said one thing.

Liar...

" I'm done." He said finally. " I've had enough of it this time."

" You don't mean that." I squinted at him.

" Yes I do." He grabbed his jacket. " You can lie, lie, lie, lie, lie. Go ahead and try."

He started out the door, but I grabbed his arms. " Don't leave." I pleaded. " I need you."

" It won't work this time." He got his arm out of my grasp.

He opened the door of my college door and stormed out.

No. No. NO! I need him. I really need him.

I ran my hand through my h/c hair. I felt hot tears in my eyes.

What are you doing? GO AFTER HIM!

I stomped my foot, causing a plastic cup to fall off the desk. I grabbed my jacket and ran out of my room.

I dashed down the hall, bumping into pissed off Freshmen occasionally.

I can't lose him. I've lost so many people because of my lies, but he's the only one that matters. I can't help, but lie.

Lie, lie and lie.

But, I'm not lying when I say I need him.

I took the stairs instead of the elevator. I ran down six flights of stairs and found the exit door. I made it into the parking lot and searched, almost hysterically, for Joshua. I found him, leaning on his car, looking distressed. He was about to enter the drivers seat when I grabbed his arm, spun him around, and embraced him.

" Y/n, what are yo-"

" I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for lying." I kept my face in his shoulder. " I can't help it. Please. Please don't leave me. I need you more than anything. Please."

I pleaded with him not to leave me alone. I began to cry into his shoulder and his arms found their way around me. He squeezed me tightly.

" Please don't go." I whispered.

" I should really kiss your ass goodbye." He informed me quietly. " But, there is no way in hell I could ever do that.

I looked up at him with wet eyes, " I love you..."

" I love you too." He kissed my forehead.

This is the one thing I would never lie about.

I thought his song would be a pretty good prompt for me to follow. Hope you all enjoyed. If you have a request go to A/N. 🥰🥰🥰