It doesnt matter: R.B

Summary: Reader is deaf and is Gina's cousin that is staying with her for a while. She is attending East High for the year.

***

" Are you okay?" Gina signed to me. I could tell she was concerned about me. I shook my head 'no'. I wasn't okay.

" Oh come on. It'll be-" I put my hand on her's stopping her signing. We were already in front of the school and I didn't want people suspecting things.

" I-I will b-be f-fine." I stuttered slowly. I wasn't use to talking. And I knew Gina would be by my side the whole time.

She smiled and nodded. As we walked into the school, I placed my H/C hair over my ear piece. Being deaf was genetic for me and wasn't as severe as others, but still was hard to live a daily life with it. I could hear slightly with the ear piece, but I still had to read lips and sign language most times. Some days were better than others.

I couldn't tell, but the hallways seemed loud and rowdy. People pushed past me and Gina, rushing to their classes. Not for even a second did Gina let go of my arm which was anchored to mine. We were both sophomores and in the same classes. The good thing was that the teachers were already informed on a student with hearing disabilities and Gina would be there to assist me.

Throughout the dreadful day, Gina helped me with assignments, understanding lessons and avoiding confusion in the classrooms. I had told Gina prior to coming that I didn't want to tell anyone I was deaf.

People treated me a lot more different than usual when they find out I'm deaf. Some treat me like a little kid that could get lost at any moment and others avoid me like the plague. For those people, I bet their just nervous to be around me.

The last bell of the day rang and I was eager to leave the school.

" Y/N, can you come with me to a meeting? It's for a musical the school's producing. You just need to sit there and look pretty. Maybe you'll find it interesting." She moved her hands in sync.

" I don't know." I responded in sign language.

She gave me a look— her big brown eyes begging me to come with her— and I couldn't help but agree. She jumped up slightly and clapped her hands when I nodded. 

We made it to what looked like a storage room and my heart was pounding in my chest. Gina sat me in a chair right next to her. I hid behind her.

A teacher, maybe in her late-twenties or early thirties, entered the room. She had blonde hair and a musical vibe.

I saw her lips moving very fast and I didn't understand what she was saying exactly. Gina looked at me and smiled. I gave a lopsided grin to show my uncertainty.

There were a lot of people there. All of them looked like they were part of the musical. I wanted to leave, but I couldn't leave Gina.

I was lost in my thoughts when I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulder. A girl— no older than 16 or 17 with her brown hair in a ponytail— was looking at me and said something.

Gina grabbed my arm and helped me out of my chair. She said something to the pretty girl and she smiled and stuck her hand out. I shook it and grinned.