The start of something new: J.B

Summary: Joshua and the reader haven't really gotten along. Now they need to need to more than ever since they have a photo shoot and a premiere together.

***

" Nope. I'm part of the show, but I'm not having a shoot with him." I grimaced at my manager.

" Y/N..." she rubbed her forehead. " Please. This is good publicity. You are part of the cast and this is what the job states. Whether you like it or not, you have to."

" Ugh!" I groaned. " Fine, but if that Joshua kid does anything, he's dead."

I stomped my way to the doors of the photography room. In there was a photographer and makeup artist. In the center was a big white backdrop and Joshua Bassett.

Joshua and I have never gotten along. Not since the day he spilled coffee on me and didn't even apologize. I wanted to kick him to the curb every time I saw him, which was often. I spent a lot more time plotting my revenge than I have revising lines.

I was casted as  Nini— the main female protagonist— and had to spend a lot of time with Joshua. I couldn't stand him and if I had to smile at him once more, I would punch him in a second.

" Bassett." I mumbled.

" L/N." He didn't even bat an eye at my presence.

" Okay! Let's get this shoot started." The photographer said.

He stood behind the camera as I stood up straight, leaning back a bit.

Click.

We changed positions so we were staring off into the distance.

Click.

" Okay. Stand with your backs touching."

I sighed and obliged.

Click. Click. Click.

" Now look at each other."

We did so. I looked between his eyebrows so I wasn't actually staring at him. I was so uncomfortable. My cheeks flushed and I couldn't help, but look away after the camera went...

Click.

" Now with your arms around each other."

" Do we have to?" I whined.

" Don't want my hands all over you huh?" Joshua teased. " Usually it's the other way around."

" Don't get cocky Bassett." I snapped.

" Continuing!" A voice broke up the rising argument, Joshua's manager. " Yes, you do."

I groaned and very slowly-- more like painfully-- put my hands on his shoulders. He placed his lightly, his touch like a moth's wing, on my hips.

" Watch it." I whispered with venom in my voice.

" Watch your mouth little missy." He smirked.