Fine! I like him, okay?

"Come help me get ready for my date with Rico." I answered my phone putting my chips down and licking the seasoning off of my fingers.

"Umm do you know who you are talking to? It's me A-Lex-Is." I said slowly into the phone. Me? Help her? Is she insane?

"Okay fine come keep me company while I get ready then. I want to hear all about your date last night." She huffed and sounded stressed and as if I would tell her no I climbed out of my warm bed and changed out of my pajamas and into some yoga capris and a Kiss band tee shirt and slipped into a pair of converse.

"Let me brush my teeth and I'll be right there." I hung up and stalked my way into my bathroom and brushed my teeth and put in deodorant. All my makeup from last night was long gone but my hair was still perfectly straight so I left it alone.

"You're leaving?" My mom lifted her head off of my dads chest where they were cuddled on the couch watching some movie on tv.

"Reagan has a date and she wants company while she gets ready."

"Okay sweetie, we have a dinner party with your dads company we won't be home until late so you're on your own for dinner." I nodded

"Love y'all!" I waved and started the short walk to my best friends house since she lives at the front of our street. I pulled out my phone to call Shawn and he answered on the second ring.

"Well well stranger! Whatcha up to?" I teased

"I'm on my way to Reagan's. You?"

"Same I'm walking there now." I laughed. She must have called him too.

"I brought snacks so when can enjoy ourselves while she freaks out."

"Smart thinking. See you soon?"

"Bye dude." Shawn hung up the phone as I was walking up Reagan's driveway. Her parents cars were gone meaning she was home alone. I opened the front door and kicked off my shoes and trampled up the stairs two at a time. Her dog Trixie a ten pound fat little Yorkie cake barreling behind me.

I plopped down on Reagan's bed and picked Trixie up and say her in my lap and she cuddled into a little round ball and fell asleep.

"Hello my lovely ladies!" Shawn slammed the door open and jumped into bed beside me dumping out a Walmart bag full of snacks. I wasted no time opening the bag of Hot Funyuns and started shoving them into my mouth.

"This top of this one?" Reagan held up a maroon long sleeve shirt and a tan ruffled sleeve one.

"The tan one." I point to it and she turns her nose up in disgust.

"Okay the maroon one." I shrug. What's the big deal? They are her clothes, she must have liked them enough to buy them so what's the big deal?

"No!"

"She's freaking out." I mumbled to Shawn who made a mhmmm noise and shoved more Reece's pieces into his mouth.

"I am NOT freaking out. This was your stupid idea. I can't find anything nice to wear!"

"You like him!" I sighed dreamily earning a death glare from my best friend.

"I do not. I am only going to humor you." She turned on her heel and started slamming hangers one direction going through each and every shirt she owns.

"You don't have to lie it's just us. You're totally bugging out about what to wear and you want to look nice for Rico! You like him!"

"Fine! I like him, okay? Now shut up and help me find some to wear." I sat the bag of chips down and climbed out of bed. I licked the red spices off of my fingers and pulled her away from her closet and pushing her onto her bed.

I went to one side of her closet and fumbled through her pants until I found a pair of light wash skinny jeans. Then I went back to wear her shirts were hanging and pulled down a black sheet top with open shoulders. I bend down and picked up a pair of black knee high leather boots and walked back to where she was sitting and sat it in her lap.

"So how was the date with Gonzalez?" Shawn asked while Reagan went into her bathroom but left the door cracked so she could hear.

I told them every little thing while we waited for her to get dressed.

"Awh that is so cute!" Reagan come out of the bathroom in the outfit I picked out for her and I had to admit she looked hot. The jeans were fitted showing off her body that she does nothing to work for but was blessed with. The top showed just the right amount of cleavage and the boots topped everything off.

"You know I never would have imagined you two together. When he came back you two hated each other."

"We aren't together." I admit and as much as it mad meh hurt heart saying it was true. He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet so technically we aren't together.

"He asked you on a date. Everyone knows Sergio Gonzalez doesn't date. You two are dating." Shawn took a sip out of his water and sat up in bed trying to look for his ringing phone that was buried in the sheets as Reagan walked out of her bathroom

"I have to give you credit this outfit is super cute! You may accidentally have better taste than me...oh my God hell must be freezing over as we speak!" Reagan's eyes widened to twice their usual size.

"Okay mon I'm on my way. Yes I'm leaving now. Bye." Shawn sighed in aggravation before pushing himself off the bed.

"My mom got called into work so I have to go watch Gabby. You look hot Reag, don't do anything I wouldn't do." Shawn winked before dashing out of the room.

"That's not saying much!" I yelled and I know he heard me because I could hear him laughing from up the stairs.

"So what are y'all doing?"

"He's about to be here and we are going to go to dinner and the movies." She tried to fight it but a small smile was threatening to take over at any given second.

"On that note I'm going to go. You have fun, don't kill him as annoying as he is, that's my challenge buddy and my teammate. Text me when you get home." I grabbed all the snacks that Shawn left and shoved them back into the bag and started walking out of her room.

"Love you!" She yelled down the stairs.

"Love you most!"