Playoffs

The time I have dreaded has officially came. Something I have been looking forward to for weeks now just won't be the same. The playoff games. Instead of being out there on the field with my team I'll be sitting on the sidelines, which is better than being in the stands but nothing beats your cleats in the grass. The wind blowing through your hair, the world beneath your feet scoring goals. The soccer field...my safe place. Where I feel free.

I spent the next week coming up with plays for the playoffs. Coach actually listened to me and with the help from Sergio we came up with some pretty impressive plays that I'm almost positive will help us win!

"Do I get a good luck kiss?" Sergio snuck up behind where I was sitting on an empty bench outside the facility. I hear and see our team hyping one another up. The stadium was filled with bystanders from both teams filling every empty seat.

"Get your sweet ass down here!" I craned my neck wrapping my arms around his neck pulling his face down to meet mine.

"Sweet?" He mumbled against my lips his voice husky. It's been almost two weeks since our stay at the hotel. Which meant almost two weeks since we've had sex and it's true what they say...once you've had it you crave it. It's human nature. Sergio took my lip between his teeth tugging gently on the swollen pink flesh.

"I want you." I whimpered when he started kissing down my jawline.

"Baby I want you too but I have a game in five minutes and I won't risk hurting your leg. You only have two to four more weeks left."

"These two weeks have sucked!" I huffed knowing there was no way he would give in. Him and his stupid sweet self just has to make sure I'm okay. I love him for that but right now me and my vagina are not happy.

"Miss me already?" He winked seductively, that arrogant man is going to be the death of me.

"You wish. Go out there and win that game, for me. For us." I stood to my feet leaning on my crutches. I've actually gotten good at using the pieces of shit. After the first day my armpits were raw so I wrapped the cushions with towels and that worked like a charm.

"Baby admit you miss me...." Sergio whispered lingering a little close to where his cologne was wafting up my nose clouding my senses, I don't think I will ever get used to the effect that he has on me.

"Fine I miss you. Happy?" I jabbed him in the chest with my index finger. This man and his arrogant self...God I miss him. He looked scrumptious standing in front of me in his uniform. His green eyes sparkling with humor and desire at the same time.

"Extremely." The sound of coach blowing his whistle signaling it was time for the game to start pulled me out of my Sergio trance. It was game time, something we have all worked so hard for.

We joined our team and huddled together.

"Now look you guys have worked so hard to get where you are right now. We've spent months training, prepping, and fighting tooth and nail for this. I want you to go out there and play your hearts out. Don't get too cocky. On my count, one! Two! Three! Hornets!" We all threw our hands in the center of the circle and threw them in the air before they took off running towards the middle of the field as the announcer called our team over the loud speaker.

"I love you!" Sergio spun around shooting me a wink that sent shivers down my spin and made me weak in the knees. How did I get so lucky to end up with him? How did I ever hate this guy? It is all beyond anything I can comprehend.

"I love you!" I blew him a kiss and took a seat on the bench on the sidelines. My heart wanted to be out on that field more than anything but the next best thing was watching my team own that field.

The first half of the game started out great. I watched Shawn score two goals back to back. Then Rico was shoved by two tall Hawaiian guys from the other team almost missing the goal the ball grazed the net and swished inside. The guys raked up six points the first half and the Tigers scored two.

The second half of the game was a disaster. The Tigers not only caught up but they were winning by two points. The guys were playing like shit, they got cocky the first half and thought they had the win in the bag. Nothing can make you lose a game faster than a big ego and cockiness.

"Coach call a timeout!" I was so frustrated I was standing leaning on my crutches ignoring the pain I felt in my armpits.

"Patterson there are two minutes in the game, we don't have time for chit chat!" Coach looked like he aged ten years since the start of the game. He was shooting daggers at me clearly not in the mood.

"Coach do you want to win this game or not?" He thinks about it for a second before blowing his whistle for a timeout. The guys all looked relieved while running up I handed them each a cup of water watching them guzzle it down soaked with sweat and covered in dirt.

"Have at it Patterson." Coach handed me the reigns, giving me full trust of the last calls of the game.

"You guys are playing like shit out there! You got cocky and arrogant because the first half went so well. You're tired and becoming predictable. We have went over and over plays and strategies. Now I want to break out plan B. Rico, Shawn, Sergio, Kyle I want you guys running down the outsides. Scott, Bryan, Tony, and Matt I want you running up the middle. Matt you're going to have the ball. Now their players are quick but if you dodge past their centers you can pass the ball to one of the guys on the outside and score." I explain as I drew a diagram on my dry erase board. They were all huddled around listening to my every word.

"Any questions?" I look up and no one says a word. They all just nod confirming they understand the play I just suggested.

"Now get your asses out there and make me proud!" I smacked my hands together ushering them back on the field.

"Back on the field we have The Hornets they are down by two points with two minutes left but at this point it could go either way...." the announcers voice boomed through the speakers. The crowd was going wild on both sides. I watched the guys run the field like I told them to. Shawn had the ball but a player from The Tigers was able to get it from him he did a weird figure eight we all watched the ball fling across the field but Rico's fast like incredibly fast. He had the ball and used his speed to work it back down to our net.

The ball swished around the inside of the net scoring another point.

My plan is working so far. I watched the guys run the ball back and forth up and down field. My heart was racing a million miles an hour.

Shawn managed to score another goal leaving the game tied eight to eight. Rico had the ball again which gave me hope until I saw two players from The Tigers closing in on him.

"Martinez pass the damn ball!" Coach yelled out furiously. Rico looked around and Sergio was the only one within kicking range. Rico pulled his leg back and kicked the ball just as one of the other guys leaped towards him. The ball flung towards Sergio who managed to keep control of the ball. He ran and kicked the ball perfectly into the net scoring the winning point and our side of the stadium went wild. The Hornets won the first game of the playoffs. Now we wait for the other two divisions to play and then we play the winner and whoever wins that game wins state.