Coach

"Would you relax? It's not like you are in trouble. All the jittering you are doing is driving me crazy! Just walk in the gym and tell Coach Pruitt that you need to talk to him." Reagan tried to help but it is alot easier said than done. Last night I apologized to my parents and they said they don't blame me for being upset. They know how much soccer means to me. They know how badly I want to go to college and maybe even go pro one day if it's in the cards for me and if it's not then I will find something else that I am passionate about.

"Alright I am going to get this over with! Fuck these crutches are a bitch!" I hopped my way through the gym thankful that the door was open.

"Crutches?" Coach asked eyeing the stupid metal pieces under my arms.

"Give me three miles around the gym. Go!" Coach yelled instructing my class to run. All the guys took off running around the gym leaving us standing there.

"I hate to break it to you Coach but there is no way I can run three miles on these things..." I trailed off jokingly trying to lighten the mood.

"No shit. How bad is it? Your leg?" Coach leaned back against the wall lifting one of his legs backwards resting it on the brick.

"A fracture. The doctor said it's cracked but four to six weeks off of it should heal it." He took his baseball hat off and threw it down on the ground before bending down to pick it up.

"The good news is that you don't have to have surgery. Bad news is you're done for the rest of the season."

"I am so sorry Coach." I apologize feeling hot tears pool in my eyes. I tried to fight them but a few snuck out the corners of my eyes and made their way down my face anyways.

"Don't think that I am going to go easy on you just because you can't play. You are still a valuable part of this team playing or not. You can bandage the ones that get hurt and fill water cups. Is that good with you?"

"Whatever you need Coach." The fact that he wasn't yelling at me was better than I expected. I would be more than welcome to wrap sprains and cover cuts and scrapes.

"Oh and Patterson?" He arched an eyebrow at me before continuing.

"As soon as that leg is healed I am going to whoop your ass back into shape. You have a bright career in front of you, one I helped you achieve I don't need you getting all soft on me. Got it?" Both of his eyebrows shot up hist forehead leaving wrinkles on his skin.

"I am looking forward it!"

"During practice you can help me come up with game plans. You can't really do much on your feet due to the crutches. I really hate that fucking kid who did this to you." He sighed exasperatedly.

"So do I." I fully blame that mountain of muscle. Stupid Kyle Roberts and his iron foot.

"Get some rest today. Tomorrow when the team is running I am going to have you organize the paperwork in my office." A shit eating grin spread across his face.

"Aren't I being tortured enough?" I whined knowing his office is a black hole. Once something goes in it never comes out.

"What else am I supposed to do with you? After you clean my office I'll let you help me coach practices, how does that sound?"

"Like I don't have much of a choice."

"I told you he wasn't going to be mad at you!" Reagan sang shoving bite after bite of lasagne into her mouth.

"Yeah yeah shut up."

"Hey Patterson want to do a challenge? It's been a while and no one else but you can keep up with me!" Rico tossed a tray covered in at least twenty corn dogs. I wasn't in the mood for a challenge but I couldn't say no, it's not in my blood. He sat down by Reagan and across from me and gave her a quick kiss on the lips. Her face turned a light shade of pink as she looked at him. How did she wait so long to give into him?

"Hell yeah you're on!" I pushed my tray towards Sergio who wasted no time digging into it. We share food everyday anyways. Ever since the first time he ate off my tray now we just usually pile everything onto one tray. He refuses to let me pay for it saying he eats most of the food which is not true I think he just does it to be a gentleman.

"On my count! One! Two! Three! GO!" Reagan hit records on her phone and started to video us. I grabbed a corn dog and pulled the wooden stick out. Rico has already finished one throwing the stick down, he's using speed..idiot. Barely chewing in between bites he takes another corn dog ripping the top off between his teeth like a rabid animal.

I finish my first corn dog and grabbed a second making sure I chew each bite thoroughly before swallowing it. After Rico finished his second dog he had to chug water to help push the food down his throat because he is practically swallowing each bite whole. I picked up my third corn dog and started to eat it slowly, Rico eyeing me suspiciously before yanking another dog off the tray shoving it into his mouth. He's going to puke, I can see it on his face and in his eyes. He's almost done.

I finished my third and then a fourth while Rico was struggling to finish his third.

"I give up! You win-" He doesn't have a chance to finish his sentence before he rose to his feet bolting towards the trash can. He made it halfway there before he exorcist vomitted everywhere.

"You sick fuck! People are eating in here!" Sergio spat in disgust shoving my now abandoned tray away from him.

"I'm sorry your girlfriend here has an iron gut but I can't hold that shit in." Rico shrugged before sitting back down beside Reagan who scooted away from him plugging her nose.

"I love you babe but you smell like vomit and it's going to make me sick."

"Maybe if you would have chewed it some before you swallowed it you wouldn't have puked like the fucking exorcist." I shivered in disgust trying to ignore his puke on the ground that was in my line of vision. When the bell rang we all bolted out of the cafeteria like our asses were on fire. Well I hobbled because the stupid crutches. Two days on these damn things thirty eight more to go give or take.