Bye Bye Boot

"Alex let's go! We are going to be late!" My mom sang from the bottom of the stairs. I grabbed my phone shoving it into the pocket of my ripped skinny jeans. I wasted no time bolting down the stairs as quick as I could anxious for my doctors appointment.

"That is the fastest you have ever been ready, let's go." My mom winked and lead me to the car. The whole drive there I was anxiously impatient.

When we walked into the doctors office my mom checked us in while I scrolled on my phone watching my Snapchat stories while I waited for the doctor to call my name. Every time they called a name I felt my heart race even more with anticipation.

"Alexis Patterson." My turn! I wasted no time jumping up from my seat and practically running to the door. I didn't even wait for my mom but I knew she was behind me because I could her giggle at me.

The nurse took my vitals and led me into a room where Dr. Clark was already waiting for me with a bright smile on her face.

"Alexis you look much happier to be here this time around. Let's have a look at your knee." I jumped up onto the bed and let her start her examination.

"If you don't take this damn thing off today I will do it myself." I half way warned her. I have thought about taking it off myself but didn't want to risk injuring myself even more.

"Everything looks great kiddo let's take the boot off." She smiled brightly at me and unbuckled my boot and had me stand up on my foot using my leg for the first time in a month.

"You healed nicely Alexis, I am going to do an x-ray to check how the inside looks and if everything checks out you are free to go." I squealed following her down to the padded room and was more than eager for my x-ray.

"If only you were that excited about chores maybe your room wouldn't be a mess." My mom teased and Dr. Clark laughed but I didn't care because I was on cloud nine.

I laid on the bed and Dr. Clark covered me with a mat and did the x-ray while her and mom talked about God only knows what. I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't even hear them calling my name.

"Oh sorry I zoned out, what did you say?" I shrugged sheepishly sitting into an upright position.

"I said you are free to go. Please take it easy I don't want to see you back here for any other injuries only good things okay?" I nodded and jumped off the table.

"Come on mom!" I practically dragged her hand out of the doctors office.

"Jesus Al slow down before we have to go back in there because you've pulled my arm out of socket!" My mom giggled as I let go of her hand.

"Sorry I am just so excited!" I jumped up and down feeling both feet on the ground, it was foreign feeling but amazing nonetheless.

"So where you going first?" My mom asked while she drove the same way back home.

"Sergio's." I couldn't wait to see him. I miss him every time I am not with him. It's kind of crazy how much I have learned to depend on the guy and how quickly he has became my world.

"Oh young love!" My mom sighed admirably shooting me a motherly knowing look.

"I do love him mom." I admit honestly. I more than love him actually and it's scary.

"Anyone with eyes can see that honey." She grabbed my thigh squeezing it just enough for me to feel her love just through her touch. Mom pulled her car into the driveway and put the car in park.

"Go see your guy. Tell Rosa and Gabriel I said hello and would love to have them over for dinner Saturday night." I nod as I climbed out of the car slamming the door shut. I ran next door through the grass and knocked on Sergio's front door.

"Alex dear please come in! I've got some tea on the stove and I am whipping up some snacks in. I see you got your boot off how are you feeling?" She welcomed me into her home with open arms as if I were one of her sons.

"I feel amazing! My mom said hello and she invited you and Gabriel to dinner Saturday night."

"I'll call her and get the details Mija! Sergio is upstairs in his room." Rosa went back to the kitchen to check the tea and I used that as an opportunity to go see Sergio. I took the stairs two at a time until I reached the top and padded my way down the hallway.

I don't bother knocking I just opened the door and walked in. I shut the door behind me.

"Ma? Is that you?" I hear him call from from his bathroom attached to his room. I don't say anything I just plop down on his bed and wait for him to come out.

"Ma?" He calls out again and I hear the water shut off. I had to cover my mouth to quiet my laughter. He walks out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his lower half steam following him like a cloud.

"Mamacita I wasn't expecting to see you until tonight." He pads slowly across his room before flicking the lock on the door.

"Yeah well I wanted to see you now."