Dinner

You guys!!! I am seriously loving this story so far! I feel like there are so many different ways I want this story to go I'm just trying to decide lol just be patient! Here's your update!<3
————————————-

A month has gone by since Sergio and I started 'dating' and he still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. Maybe I'm reading too much into it but it's kind of hard not to. What's he waiting for? We spend every single day together either hanging out with the team or even just the two of us watching movies cuddled in bed. He will barley even kiss me. We've made out only a handful of times the only kisses I get are little pecks.

"Mamacita what's wrong? You have that look in your eyes, you know the wild one where you look deranged and it's scaring me." Sergio's sitting on the edge of his bed looking at me with a worried look on his face. I agreed to come to his family dinner but my thoughts have put a damper on my mood.

"Nothing is wrong." I huff before fumbling with the frayed strand of denim hanging off of my faded jean shorts. Do I tell him it's bothering me that he hasn't asked me out yet? Hell no because that makes me seem clingy and that's the last thing I want. Maybe he has changed his mind about us? Maybe he realized that he could do way better than plain old me.

"Sergio! Alex! Dinner is ready!" His mom Rosa calls up the stairs. For once I was thankful to be interrupted anxious to free myself from this room, the air felt like it was suffocating me either every passing second.

"Lex wait!" Sergio jumps to his feet in an attempt to grab my wrist but I'm quicker and take the stairs two at a time until I am making my way through the house and into his kitchen.

"Oh there you two are!" His mom breathlessly beamed at us with a pleasing expression on her face.

"Do you need some help?" I planted a fake smile on my face hoping she wouldn't notice.

"You're amazing! I just need to finish this salad and to set the table." I watched her chopping cucumbers and carrots for the salad.

"I'll set the table." She nodded and went back to chopping and I picked up the plates and silverware off of the counter and went into the dining room and started to set the table.

"Mamacita please talk to me. What did I do that was so wrong? You're mad at me." I could practically hear the frown on his face, he sounded so sad and it pulled at my heart.

"Nothing is wrong Sergio. I'm probably over thinking things. It's not a big deal please let it go." I made my way around the table sitting a plate, fork, and knife in front of each chair. I tried stepping past him to get past him but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside through the backyard. Their backyard is huge at least two acres and he pulled me inside his dads garage and whirled me around so we were face to face.

"Alexis talk to me." He begged while my eyes roamed around the garage as if the things occupying the shelves were more important. Honestly I was just waiting for the world to swallow me whole and wishing it would hurry.

"Now you're ignoring me?"

"No I'm not ignoring you. I just don't know what you want me to say."

"Why are you mad?"

"I said I wasn't mad. Your mom cooked dinner it's rude of us to keep her waiting. Can we please just go eat."