I Am Going To Say I Told You So

"There is my favorite daughter!" My dads eyes widened when I walked through the front door.

"Dad I am you're only daughter...but I am glad you missed me." I plopped down beside my dad at the kitchen table where he was eating some meatloaf that my mom made for lunch. After breakfast we drove home and I came home and let them get nana all set up but she made me promise to come by often especially since she found out we were neighbors.

"How was everything? Are you hungry?" My mom wrapped her arms around me tightly before making her own plate.

"No we ate before we headed home. Everything went great, I had so much fun. They actually moved nana here and she wants to meet you guys." My moms eyes filled with admiration.

"So you liked her?"

"Yeah she makes me miss grandma." I smiled sadly at my mom. My moms mom was by far one of the best people. She passed away when I was eleven from brain cancer.

"I miss her everyday sweetie." My heart tightened in my chest. I can't imagine losing one of my parents they are literally some of my best friends.

"I heard you had quite the time this weekend sister." Elijah met me at the door to my room. I sat my bag down on my bed.

"What?" I tilted my head to the side in confusion.

"Alejandro filled me in and I got to say I am one proud little brother but do I need to give Sergio the little big brother speech? You know threaten to crush his skull if he hurts you?" Oh my God Alejandro told my brother that me and Sergio had sex. Oh. My. God.

"No you moron don't say a word to him! He isn't going to hurt me now calm down." I smacked him on the back of the head shooting daggers at him.

"Hey! That hurt dammit!" He grunted lifting his hand to rub where I just hit him.

"I am going to Molly's. I am happy for you and Sergio though Al, seriously. You deserve to be happy." Elijah offered me a small geniune smile before leaving me alone in my room. I unpacked my bag throwing my dirty clothes into my hamper and putting everything away before throwing myself on my bed.

"Are you home? I miss you bitch." Reagan answered the phone on the first ring.

"Yes I am home. I missed you Reag." I laughed. I couldn't wait to tell her all about my weekend.

"I am on my way!" She hung up the phone I decided to rest my eyes until she got here.

"Oh no mam wake your ass up! I brought candy. I want to hear about your weekend. Wait you look different..you're glowing! You had sex!" Reagan threw herself down on her stomach on my bed opening a bag of cookie dough bites.

"How can you tell?" I sprung up and grabbed a bag of gummy worms and wasted no time opening the bag pulling a red and yellow one in half before shoving half of it into my mouth.

"I know everything! You didn't deny it so it's true! Oh my God!" Reagan squealed when I nodded.

"I need details." I nodded and started at the very beginning. I told her start to finish everything because that's what friends do.

"I can't believe my bestfriend is in love! Oh Al!" Reagan threw her arms around my neck crying real tears into my neck.

"I'm routing for you guys! I just want you to know that. Ten years from now when you two are married and have children I want you to know that I never doubted you guys. You two are end game, mark my words." I know it's way too soon for that. We literally just started dating but the thought of a lifetime with Sergio appealed to me.

"We just started dating Reagan it's way too soon for that. You let him hear you say that shit he is going to run the opposite way." I laughed scornfully though the image of Sergio chasing a little girl through a field kept replaying in my mind thanks to my bestfriend.

"I'm not saying it's going to happen anytime soon I'm just saying that one day we are going to look back to right here right now and I am going to say I told you so."