Gratitude

"I am so proud of you guys! You played like hell out there and won the first round of playoffs. The Mustangs and The Pirates still have to play though. We have a lot of things to discuss like the fact that some of you were hogging the ball and not playing like a team out there. We got lucky out there. I can't promise that that will happen again. So until the next playoff game I am going to drill teamwork lessons into your brain. Go enjoy the rest of your weekend!" Coach smacked each of us on our backs. He looked like he aged ten years since the game started and I can't say that I blame him. That was one stressful game to watch. It is completely different being on the field than standing on the sidelines.

On the field you don't really see issues and mistakes that are made but when you are watching the game being played and not being able to play you see everything. I noticed some things that the guys needed to work on before the next and final game and I knew I was going to help Coach whip these boys into shape before the next playoff game.

"Don't I get a kiss for us winning the game?" Sergio came barreling into the girls locker room. Not once since he has moved back has he used the guys locker room.

"Maybe a small one." I grabbed him by the front of his jersey and lightly grazed my lips on his before I pushed away from him.

"That is all I get?" He fake pouted sticking out his bottom lip.

"Yes, you stink and I don't want that rubbing off on me." I stuck my index finger up and waved it side to side telling him no.

"Baby you know you love me and my sweaty self."

"Yes, yes I do but there is no way I want you rubbing off on me."

"Want to join me in the shower?" He wiggled his eyebrows, I watched them dance across his forehead like little worms.

"No because I can't be trusted around you naked and you don't want to hurt my leg." I used the first two fingers from each of my hands using air quotes mocking his tone from earlier.

"You are so going to get it the second you are cleared to use that leg of yours." He shook his head, a small smirk slowly spreading across his face. I watched him pull his jersey off and then his shorts and then his underwear so he was left standing butt naked in front of me. I felt all the air leave my lungs, seriously the guy is like a God. He shot me a wink before he stepped into the shower.

"And you call me a fucking tease.." I mutter under my breath but I know he heard me because he let out a hearty chuckle. I sat on the bench outside of the showers and scrolled on my phone reading all the posts of people celebrating todays win and pictures from the game and I realized that I wasn't jealous that I wasn't able to play because on or off the field I am still apart of the team, my team and I still helped them with that win even though I wasn't on the field and that alone brought me a feeling of happiness.

"Hurry up in there I am hungry!" Right on cue my stomach growled.

"I am coming woman!" Sergio came barreling out of the shower in a towel only wrapped around his lower half.

"Yep these next two to four weeks are going to be hell." I mutter under my breath and reluctantly turn my attention back towards my phone because I know me and if I have to watch him get dressed I am going to combust into a million flames.

"All done my love, let's get you some food." Sergio extended his hand out for me to take. He looked gorgeous in his dark wash jeans, our school shirt, and his leather jacket. With that we left the school to join our team at the local diner to celebrate today's game. Sitting at the biggest booth in the restaurant surrounded by my boyfriend, Reagan, and my whole team I was basking in an overwhelmed feeling of gratitude. I was thankful for my family, though they drive me insane most the time. I was thankful for my team, who was more like family than anything else. I was thankful for Reagan who was more than my bestfriend she is my sister by choice. I was thankful for Sergio's family who had easily became a second family and welcomed me with open arms. I was thankful for Sergio, because he could have anyone he wants and yet he still wants me, and he loves and treats me better than I could have ever asked for.

"You okay?" Sergio whispered as he shot me a look of concern as he squeezed my knee gently.

"I am great baby." I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed in content that this is exactly how everything should be.