4

Camila quietly snuck to the cells downstairs. She hadn't seen her friends for two days and she missed them.

"Mila?" Ariana lifted her head at the sound of the girl leaning against the metal bars. Camila frowned at the sight of the vampire. Ariana had this specific glow to her and a smile that could light up the room. But right now, all the colour was drained from her face and she looked so tired.

"You shouldn't be down here, it's dangerous." She told Camila, facing her back to her friend.

"I wanted to see you."

"You see saw me, now leave." Ariana's voice sounded so defeated, like she was too weak to fight with Camila right now.

"Ari, it's okay-"

"I said leave!" The vampire ran up to the bars at the speed of light. Camila tumbled back at the impact. Ariana's bloodshot eyes and dark thick veins were prominent. She looked like a different person.

"I hurt you Camila, I can't forgive myself for that. So please go, I don't ever want to hurt you again." Ariana pleaded, she was in so much pain. She was hungry, but not for the animal blood that Mr Cabello brought down for her, she wanted the sweet taste of human blood.

"You didn't mean to hurt me and it's not you fault." Camila said, approaching her, but she backed away further into her cell. She wanted to be as far away from the human as possible.

"It's not right." Camila shook her head. She pulled a set of keys out of her pocket and proceeded to unlock the cell door. "What are you doing?" Ariana eyes widened, she backed away further until her she hit the wall with no where else to go.

"I've been reading a few books from our school library about the nature of vampires." Camila trailed off, slowly taking small steps towards her friend. "It isn't right that my father feeds all of you animal blood instead of human's. It's in your nature to feed on humans, it's what you are."

Ariana gulped when she came face to face with Camila. It took everything inside her not to act on instinct and attack her. "You just need to have self control. Learn how to feed off humans without killing them. Knowing when to stop." Camila brought out a needle, I pierced the skin on her finger.

Ariana immediately reacted to the exposed blood, aching to have a taste. "Here." Camila held her finger to Ariana's lips. "I know you'll be able to control yourself."

The vampire hesitated at first, but then opened her mouth to suck away as much blood as she could. After Ariana pulled away, not satisfied with the amount of blood to took, but happy that she didn't lose control.

"See, we can do that everyday until you can have more each time." Camila grinned at her friend and some colour returned to the vampire's face.

"Thank you." Ariana nodded, staring into her eyes.

"What are you doing down here?" Hayley hissed, she ran into the cage, pulling Camila out and kicked the door shut.

"I was helping her!" Camila growled.

"Go run back to your daddy, I'll take care of my own kind."

"She was helping Hayley, she gave me some of her blood." Ariana spoke up

"Are you crazy? That's what got you in here the in first place."

"She's helping me teach myself self-control. We shouldn't be living off animal blood, it isn't in our nature and you know it." Ariana said and Hayley thought for a moment.

"Your dad thinks otherwise." Hayley scoffed and then Harry's screams echoed through the basement. He was struggling the most with the whole situation. The hunger for blood coursing through his veins