35

Lauren was gone for a while and Camila tried to calm her mind by wondering around the new place she was now staying at. She was a little suspicious about this place when she first got here but when she asked around, everyone seemed happy and content.

She tried speaking to her mom a bit more but the woman told her she was busy and they could speak another day.

"Enjoying your stay, little werewolf princess?" James smiled and stood besides her while she stared at a painting into one of the hallways. "So that's why you called me that the night we first met?"

"Your mom is a very powerful alpha, making you the next one to rule this pack when she can know longer rule." He said and Camila shook her head. She wasn't fit to rule a pack, if just wasn't her.

"I'm not the leader type."

"Your mom will teach you. What she's doing will make the werewolves rise and we will no longer be at the bottom."

"What exactly is my mom doing?" Camila turned to him. Nobody had told her specific details about what was actually going on, only that Lauren and a few others were newly turned evolved werewolves.

"Well you see, with the blood I got you to collect for me which makes us more powerful, we plan to-"

"Oh my god somebody help!" Lauren shouted, dragging Blake's unconscious body into the building. Both werewolves were covered in blood and Camila went pale at the scene.

"Take her to medical!" James ordered and people ran to their aid, lifting Blake's body from Lauren's.

"Lauren!" Camila yelled, but they held her back and her mom arrived, taking Lauren to her office in a hurry.

"What happened?" Camila's mom asked Lauren and the younger girl's breathing was erratic and she felt herself getting worked.

"We went into the bar and I walked Blake through the normal procedure that I always do but something wasn't right. It was like they were expecting us to be there and they struck first. I was able to fight most of them off but they injected Blake with a lot of wolfsbane. You said me and her shouldn't really be that affected by wolfsbane anymore so why is she not waking up!?" Lauren eyes turned amber in fury, she wanted to go back and kill them all.

"Hey! Keep yourself in check! Save that anger for the real enemies, the people that hurt you. The vampires time of being the apex predator is over."

"What if I lose control, Maya?" She stared at Camila's mom with worry in her eyes.

Maya turned to her with hardened eyes, jaw clenched. "Losing control is what's going to save us."

"Lauren, speak to me! What was that earlier?" Camila asked her mate, when she made her way to Lauren's room.

Lauren sighed, not in the mood to talk right. "It was just a little complication."

"What the fuck does the mean?!" Camila exclaimed in frustration. Why the hell was everyone keeping her in the dark?

"It means that I shouldn't have brought you here in the first place! I should've listened to your mom and kept my distance till this whole thing was over. You're a distraction right now, I need you to leave me alone!"

Camila felt her eyes begin to tear up and Lauren turned away, not wanting to see her cry. "I've been worried sick about you for days! When you asked me to come with you I thought this meant we could finally be together again but your attention as been else where. Did you think to stop and ask how I'm feeling? How I feel about my family being so fucked up?! No, you didn't because you're someone else right now. I look at you and I don't see the girl I fell in love with. I don't know what they're doing to you, but this isn't you."

Camila left the room before Lauren could speak.

"Dinah!" Ariana smiled and sat next to the witch in the study room. Dinah closed her grandmother's grimoire and eyed the witch suspiciously.

"Is your humanity back on?"

"Nope."

"Then please stay away from me." Dinah rolled her eyes and Ariana didn't move. "We're supposed to be friends, Dinah."

"Yeah well the Ariana I know would never do this to herself." The witch shook her head in disappointment.

"I was hurting too much, I didn't want to feel anything anymore." Those words caught Dinah's attention. She looked at the vampire next to her, realising that there was still hope for her.

"I want to make sure Camila's doing okay. Do you know where she could be?"

Dinah now caught on with what Ariana actually wanted. "If you think I'll tell you where she is, you're mistaken."

Dinah got up and Ariana's smile vanished. She grabbed the witch by her neck, pinning her to the bookshelf.

Dinah tried to pull her hand away but Ariana didn't budge. Dinah looked to the other students in the study room but they all carried on as usual. She realised they were all vampires and they must've be working together.

"I'm going to make this simple for you. I don't want to hurt you, I really don't. But other people are going to get hurt if we don't find her. I'm only doing this to keep people in the school safe."

"Bullshit!" Dinah managed to say and Ariana squeezed her neck tighter.

Hayley arrived just on time, pushing the vampire off Dinah.

The other students in the room turned to Hayley, ready to attack if they must.

"Are you okay?" Hayley asked Dinah.

Ariana clenched her fists, coming face to face with Hayley. "You're lucky, I'm not in the mood to fight anyone and I don't want to hurt this pretty face."

Hayley smacked Ariana's hand away that traced her jaw. "You need to stop this, Ari."

"And you need to pick the right side, the side that's going to keep you alive. I'm sure Camila's Aunts would be happy to hear about you defying them." Ariana smirked and then turned to look back at Dinah.

"As for you, we are not done talking. You wouldn't want me paying Normani a visit would you?"

Ariana left the room and Hayley and Dinah turned to each other with worried expressions.

"What's happening?"

"I don't know but we need to figure something out soon. The vampires are already doing everything Camila's Aunts are telling them. I wonder how long it'll take to get the witches on their side."