One

Sunlight streams through the sheer curtains covering the windows in a rather large bedchamber, shining into Tabari's eyes. The sleeping boy whimpers and turns his head into his silk sheets. His body tenses and his eyes fly open as he feels a body beside his. Tabari calms as he sees his younger brother Akio curled around him, his light snores reaching his ears.

Tabari slowly untangles himself from Akio as to not wake the sleeping boy. Tabari, still in his nightclothes, makes his way to his Uncles' bedchamber.

Tabari had been acting as a nanny of sorts to his three uncles' pups. His six-year-old cousin Adela and two-year-old cousin Eloise. The pups had taken a great liking to Tabari and Akio.

Adela was Rumi and Ansel's daughter. She was born an Alpha and would take over as queen when she could prove she was capable of such a position. Adela had honey blonde hair and light blue eyes. She was a beautiful girl and looked like a queen already.

Eloise was Ansel and Greyson's pup. After trying many times to have a pup they soon realized after a visit to the palace doctor that Greyson would have a hard time producing a pup with Ansel. It took them four years to have a pup. It was a miracle since after Ansel found out he was pregnant they also learned from Greyson's wolf that he had become sterile. They produced their little pup just in time.

Eloise looked like Greyson. His skin was darker and his hair was a cole black. Eloise was a normal wolf with no ranking so he would take over as royal advisor when Adela became queen.

While Ansel, Rumi, and Greyson carried out their duties as Kings, Tabari would teach Adela and Akio their schooling lessons while he also watched over Eloise.

This morning was different though. It was a Saturday and during the weekends Tabari would plan special days with the pups. He would sometimes take the pups to the market with the protection of many palace guards. Other days he would take them out to the field to pick flowers or anything else that he could think of to make the pups have a fun-filled day.

Tabari knocks twice on the door to his uncles' bedchamber. A muted voice invites him in.

When he opens the door he finds Greyson and Rumi on the bed, struggling to put clothes on their whining son. He kicks and yells, wanting to stay naked.

Ansel dresses Adela, the young girl staying perfectly still as he laces up the top of her light blue dress with white lace trim. Adela smiles sweetly and waves when she sees her cousin. Tabari cannot help but smile back.

"Need any help," Tabari asks. Rumi sighs, leaning back and nodding.

"He does not want to wear clothes today. I have tried everything. Bribing him with sweets, threatening to take away toys, everything. But he will not cooperate."

"Let me try, Uncle." Tabari takes the clothes and places his hand on the small pup's shoulder. The little boy glances up at Tabari through tear-filled eyes. His little face flushed an angry red, snot dripping from his nose.

"Eloise... why don't you want to get dressed? Are you not cold?"

Eloise whimpers, wrapping his arms around Tabari's neck and burying his face into his chest. Tabari rubs the boy's back as he hiccups and sobs.

"Will you put on your clothes for me? I was going to take you to the stables today. I know how much you love horses. But we simply cannot go if you are indecent. I suppose I will just have to take Adela and you will have to stay back with Akio..."

"No!" Eloise tugs at his clothes and tries to pull them on. Tabari gently takes the boy's clothes back and puts them on the boy correctly.

Tabari was amazing with pups. He had a way of making the pups do whatever they were supposed to with no argument. Eloise was not a bad pup, but he was definitely a stubborn one. Tabari had more luck controlling the little one than his own parents did. It was truly a gift, what Tabari had.

"Thank the Goddess above," Greyson breathes out in relief. "You are a lifesaver, Tabari. What would we ever do without you?"

"Well for starters... you would have a very naked pup running amuck in the palace. You should get to your meeting now or you will be late."

"And the boy knows our schedules! I tell you, Ansel, this boy is extraordinary!"

Rumi laughs, taking Greyson's hand and leading him out of the room. Ansel stays behind.

The three men all respected that Tabari did not like to be touched. Especially by men who were larger than him. Though Tabari loved his uncles, he could not bear to be touched by them. Even if they bumped into him by accident.

Ansel always asked permission before he was going to touch Tabari. Which he did now. Ansel kisses Tabari's cheek in silent thanks and cradles both his pups close whispering a quick goodbye before scurrying down the hallway to catch up with his mates.

"Be good for Tabari!" Ansel calls out as he exits.

"Tabari," Adela says softly. "May we see the horses now?"

"Of course," Tabari says, picking up a now fully clothed Eloise. "First we need to wake up Akio. He is very sleepy today."

"Akio! Akio," Eloise chants as they walk down the hallway.

Tabari leads the pups to his bedchamber he shared with Akio. They both had separate beds but when Tabari had nightmares, which was most if not every night, Akio would climb into Tabari's bed and hold him until his whimpers and cries stopped.

When Tabari opened the door he found Akio snoring in the middle of the bed. Sleeping on his stomach, his bum sticking up in the air. The blankets were sprawled around him instead of on top of him.

Akio's bad foot which once curved in an awkward position was now straightened out.

The palace doctor worked hard to fix his foot to the best of his ability. The doctor had to break his foot so it would heal right. Akio went through immense pain over the course of three months. But in the end, he was able to walk and jump and run. He had a slight limp most days because an aching pain was sometimes there but other than that his foot healed properly.

Eloise wriggles our of Tabari's arms and leaps onto the bed. He jumps up and down around Akio until the twelve-year-old begrudgingly awakens. He puts on a wide smile though when Eloise comes into view though.

Akio wraps his thin arms around the little pup. Eloise giggles as Akio lifts him into the air.

"Oh, Eloise! How lovely it is to see you! What are we going to do today?"

"Horsies!"

"I am going to take them for a ride if you would like to join us," Tabari fills in from where he stands quietly at the bottom of the bed. Akio grins, kissing the small squirming pup in his arms.

"Yeah, let me get dressed in proper clothing first. By the way, father came by earlier. He said there is going to be a special guest coming tomorrow night for supper. Rumors have spread about who the guest is."

"Who do you think the guest is," Tabari asks.

"Well, your guess is as good as mine." Akio shrugs, dropping his pants to the floor. Tabari covers the two pups' eyes with his hands.

"Akio! Not in the middle of the room! There are young children present!"

Akio giggles as he pulls on his clothes. "I wonder if the guest will be young and handsome... Mmh I love handsome men..."

"Akio, you cannot think like that! At least save your impure thoughts for your mate."

"Goddess, Tabari. Loosen up a little bit. Once you finally tap into your sexual side, you will understand what I see in those big strong men." Akio sighs dreamily, his mind wandering to all the handsome men he had seen in his lifetime.

"What is a sexual side," Adela's sweet voice floats up to Tabari's ears.

"Ugh. Akio, next time you want to say something, think before you speak."

Tabari walks down the hall, ignoring Akio's cackling laughter behind him as he leads the two excited pups to the horse stables. 

*Hope you enjoyed chapter one! I'm trying out writing from a third-person pov. Remember to vote and comment! Until next time!

-LunaMoon