Eleven

Tabari's new favorite thing to do was kiss his mate. After Bowyn kissed Tabari in the kitchen, he became addicted to the older man's lips. He became bolder, pecking his lips quickly when he left for the day. Small pecks soon turned to deep passionate kisses. 

Tabari was surprised at how his body reacted to Bowyn. It was strange, letting someone touch him, hold him. Tabari smiles at the memory that happened two weeks prior that made him see the King differently.

~~~

 Bowyn had called for a gathering. The whole kingdom arrived in the rather large town square to hear what their King had to say to them. They were visibly nervous, awaiting for Bowyn's arrival. 

Bowyn brought along Tabari with him, Tabari did not know why Bowyn would want him to be by his side, but he was afraid. He did not know what to expect from Bowyn or his loyal subjects. 

"My people," Bowyn began, the townspeople bowing their heads in respect. "I have gathered you here today because there is going to be a few changes to the way I run things. First and foremost, I will no longer be requiring omegas of a certain age to report to the kingdom to serve under me. Omegas will be treated as any other person in my kingdom."

To say that the townspeople were shocked by Bowyn's words would have been an understatement. They almost looked... relieved... Quiet murmurs began to grow into loud and confused voices of the townspeople. They all become silent when Bowyn holds up a hand. 

"Our views on omegas should never have changed. Because one omega chose to act out, we completely changed our way of treating them. Someone made me see that the way I was treating omegas was wrong. That is why I have decided to release the omegas from their positions in my palace if they wish to go. I will only take in people who are willing to work for the palace. Anyone who has a problem with my decision may leave my kingdom now. But once you leave you are not welcome back."

The large crowd jam-packed with thousands upon thousands of people, stand completely still. After many minutes of silence, people begin to make their way through the crowd. Around a thousand or so people make their way towards the kingdom gates. Bowyn's head remained high as they left. 

"Does anyone else wish to leave," Bowyn asks, voice booming through the town square. When no one else leaves, Bowyn smiles. "Good."

Tabari's heart stuttered as he watched the people who decided to leave be lead out of the town by guards. 

Bowyn, many people have left, what will you do now? Tabari had asked through the mind link. 

Very few people left. We still have thousands of people who stand behind us. Do not worry, this is what I want for my kingdom. See this as a way of weeding out all the bad people.

"Now I would like to introduce you to your Luna. My mate. Tabari, come." 

Tabari's legs had shaken as he walked onto the makeshift stage. He had never seen so many people in one space before. It made him extremely nervous that day. The townspeople, though poor, had on the elaborately colored traditional clothes of the kingdom. Though the colors were much more faded than Tabari and Bowyn's garments. 

"My mate Tabari and I will enforce new laws, changes to the kingdom that will benefit everyone within it. You can thank Tabari for this change because without him I may have never seen the damage that was caused during my father's rule which carried on to me. With that, I conclude this gathering." 

"Long live the King!" A voice shouted from the crowd. One shout had quickly turned into a chorus of chants. Mixed in with the praise for Bowyn, Tabari had heard people shouting 'Long live the Queen' as well. They were cheering for him!