Six

Tabari's eyes flutter open as the carriage jerks to a stop. As he wakes he finds himself on the seat instead of the floor. The servant Lenor sits opposite to him. Since his scent was the only other he could smell in the carriage, it was safe to assume that Lenore was the one he heard getting into the carriage and moving him onto the seat.

"Your Highness," Lenore bows his head to the boy as a sign of respect. "We are here. It is quite slippery outside to please slow me to hold your hand as you exit the carriage."

"No, it is alright. I will just take my time."

Tabari opens the door to the carriage and takes a timid step down. He stops his movements as he looks up to find King Bowyn standing only inches away from him. Tabari yelps, losing his balance and falling.

Tabari's eyes close as he braces himself for the fall. But he never hits the ground. Tabari gasps as sparks explode across his skin. King Bowyn's arms wrapped around Tabari's waist to keep him from falling.

Tabari breathes heavily, refusing to look up at his mate. He keeps his eyes downcast as King Bowyn steadies him on the ground. He wordlessly walks up the steps leading to his palace.

Tabari, still reeling from his mate's electric touch, does not move. Lenore grabs the boy's suitcases and hurriedly follows after his King.

Tabari's eyes wander up to the palace. The ominous stone palace stood tall in the night. The castle was large, looking as if it could fit hundreds upon thousands of people. Immaculately sculpted statues of wolves stood along the walkway. Large oak doors stationed with four guards situated at the entrance to the castle.

Snow-covered walls of shrubbery peaked out from the side of the castle. It looked like a large maze of sorts. Tabari wanted nothing more than to explore it. He smelt the strong scent of Kna, a powder made from the Kna Flower which allowed crops and plants to be grown even in the cruelest of environments. It made sense that the bittersweet scent of Kna would be prominent in the area because the climate was like a year-round winter in the Northern Isle.

Tabari takes a shaky breath as he walks up the stone walkway to the entrance of the palace. The four guards looked on in disgust at the small omega. They could not believe that the King was giving this weak omega special treatment. He should be a slave just like the rest of the omegas. Nonetheless, they bow to the omega and open the doors for him.

Tabari is greeted by the sweet smell of cinnamon and apples as the doors close behind him. Two arched marble stairs lead up to a balcony of sorts. The marble floors were clean and polished beneath his feet. Crystal chandeliers hang overhead, glittering in the soft glow from the candles.

Servants hurry about, performing the tasks that they were given by their superiors. Tabari noticed a heavily pregnant omega struggling to carry a rather large crate full of fruits and vegetables.

Tabari walks over to the servant and taps on her shoulder, wanting to help her carry the crate. The woman squeaks, dropping the crate onto the floor. The crate makes a cracking noise as it hits the ground, some fruit and vegetables spilling onto the floor. But other than that everything looks to be fine. No food was damaged and the crate looked stable enough to be carried without it falling apart.

"By the Goddess! What do you think you are doing? You must be a new servant because you know nothing about how our system works. Help me clean this up so we both do not get in trouble. I can not afford to get in trouble again."

Tabari drops to the ground and helps her pick up the food that spilled. After all the food is put back into the crate, Tabari hauls it into his arms and waits for the woman to show him where the food belongs.