Twenty Two

*Very short chapter, a little over 1,300 words. Enjoy though!*

-LunaMoon

"I have to get to Tabari," Bowyn says, shifting into his incredible black wolf before running in the direction of Blake's palace.

Rumi snarls as Blake attempts to shimmy his way out of Rumi's hold.

"I want to kill him," Greyson says again. Rumi's eyes widening as his mate pulls out a sword covered in wolfsbane.

"You? Kill me? Hah! You are a pathetic excuse for a King, Greyson. You are weak. Insecure. You sure take after your mother. Which is why I had to kill her. She was getting in the way and had to be taken care of."

"Mother is... dead?"

Greyson's grip on his sword falters, the metal handle slipping out of his hands and onto the snowy ground. His bottom lip quivers, eyes welling with tears.

"You bastard," Rumi growls, landing another punch to Blake's stomach. Blake only smirks, the blood from his nose leaking into his mouth and staining his teeth.

"She was always such a drag," Blake continues. "She wanted 'world peace' and 'a good life for her pup'. Little did she know that her pathetic pup would grow up to be as weak and ignorant as her! If only she could have produced a strong Alpha son. Instead, I got an Alpha with the mind of a pathetic Omega!"

"Omegas are not pathetic," Rumi growls. "Omegas are stronger and smarter than what we give them credit for. My mates are stronger and more successful rulers than you will ever be! You have no right to talk down to them like that!"

Greyson slowly bends down to retrieve his sword. He could not believe that his mother was really dead. Greyson had planned to get in contact with his mother at some point and convince her to move to his palace. To be able to escape from his father and meet his two pups.

Greyson cannot help it when a sob makes its way out of his mouth. Blake chuckles at the sound, mumbling 'pathetic' under his breath.

"Greyson. Fucking kill the sick son of a bitch. Before I rip his smug face to shreds."

"Yes, Greyson," Blake says, still laughing. "Kill your daddy! Kill me! I know you want to! I have to tell you... when a woman is dead, there is no resistance. You slip right in! No protests from the wretched woman. She just laid there, staring up at me with a blank stare and she-,"

Blake is cut off when Greyson lunges at him. Blake screams as his son plunges his sword into his stomach. But Greyson was far from done. He straddles Blake's chest, his nails growing into long sharp claws.

Greyson starts with the eyes. He digs his thumbs into Blake's eyes. He screams as his eyes are crushed under the immense pressure they were being put under. Blood gushes from his now empty eye sockets, Blake screaming in frustration at the lack of color around him. He was blind! his eyes were gone!

Greyson claws at Blake's face. Ripping off his nose, tearing his ears to shreds, peeling at the skin of his cheeks. He does not stop until Blake's face is a mess of blood and torn flesh. He was unrecognizable.

Greyson pulls out a small knife from his pocket, plunging it into his father's heart. Blake's agonizing howls of pain echoing through the woods. The battle still raged on in the distance, Blake's forces quickly dying off. They were losing...

Greyson pulls out the knife, driving it into Blake's chest with such a strong force that his ribs crack and break as the knife pierces his skin. With one final stab to his heart, Blake takes his last heaving breath. His hands, which were clawing at Greyson, slipped away.

Greyson stands, looking down at the bloody mess that was his father. He spits on his corpse, stepping away from the body.

Rumi stares at his mate in shock. He had never seen Greyson get so angry before. But he knew what was coming next so he envelops Greyson in a warm hug as he breaks down. Greyson sobs onto Rumi's shoulder, his knees buckling as he spots the blood coating his body.

Rumi holds Greyson in his arms as he cries. Rumi coos to his mate in desperate attempts to calm him down. Rumi sends out calming waves from his wolf to Greyson's.

Greyson eventually faints from the stress, Rumi picking him up and carrying him back to the battlegrounds. He made it back just in time to watch as the remaining members of Blake's army retreat. There were about two hundred wolves left.

Though the mind link, Rumi orders his army to go after and kill the rest of the enemy wolves. Many warriors break off from the mass of wolves and charge after the enemy wolves. Rumi senses through his pack bond that only thirty-four wolves had perished from his pack in the battle. Rumi sends out one final calming wave of energy through the fading links as his pack members ascend to Moon Goddess' Kingdom.

Rumi carries Greyson back to the Kingdom after sending around five dozen wolves to aid Bowyn in retrieving his niece and nephews. He had no doubts that Bowyn would come back with his beloved family members. He could now safely bring Greyson back to the palace and send the pack doctors to tend to his warriors' wounds.

Another successful battle! Rumi was pleased with how his warriors fought to the best of their ability. It pained him that he would have to add more names to the warrior memorial. But they will be remembered as heroes. His warriors deserved praises and gifts for their hard work and dedication to their pack.

As Rumi enters the palace, Ansel runs down the steps, gasping at the bloodied Greyson in his arms.

"Greyson! What happened!? Oh, Goddess, he is bleeding! Rumi I swear that I tried to keep him in the safe room but he ran out and-,"

"No, it is alright, Ansel," Rumi reassures his frantic mate. "He killed Blake. It is Blake's blood, not his."

"He... killed his own father? Rumi why would you let him do that? He will be terribly upset when he wakes."

"He wanted to be the one to end Blake's life. I believe that it is the only way that will make him feel at peace. His father was the source of his pain for most of his life. He needed to be the one to end Blake's life. What was left of Blake's army retreated. I sent some warriors after them so that they are properly taken care of. I also sent a few dozen warriors to help Bowyn out in case there are more warriors waiting for them at the palace."

"I am so afraid. What if they bring back the bodies of Tabari, Akio, and Arabella? And Goddess, Ambrose. The little pup is defenseless! What if we are too late?"

"Ansel, I have faith in Bowyn and our warriors. They will bring them back alive. And in the worst-case scenario, if they were killed, I have no doubt that Bowyn will avenge them. But we will not think about the worst possible outcome now. Not until the warriors return. Let us go and prepare the townspeople to re-enter the village. And bather Greyson so we can get him into a proper bed."

"Alright. Let me go to the temple and say a quick prayer to Goddess."

Rumi kisses Ansel before he goes to the small temple off to the side of the throne room. There, stood a statue of the Moon Goddess. It was not a statue of what she really looked like. Only an ethereal being surrounded by wolves.

Ansel kneels before the statue, pressing his hands against the cold marble floor. He prays for the safe return of his family, wanting nothing more than to hold his sweet niece and nephews in his arms once more. Tears drip down Ansel's cheeks and onto the stone of the statue.

"Please, Goddess. Bring them back to us..."