Thirty

It took Bowyn over five months to completely heal. Learning how to move his limbs properly was a struggle for him. It made everything easier though, knowing that Tabari, Ambrose, and Lenore were there to support him. 

Once Bowyn was able to walk again he went back to helping Tabari with pack matters. Bowyn was so glad to be able to work again. He loved taking care of his kingdom. But one thing that he loved more than his kingdom full of loyal subjects, was his family. 

He spent all of his free time with Ambrose and Tabari. Lenore was almost always by Bowyn's side, afraid that his brother would disappear again. Bowyn made sure that Lenore knew that he was loved. That he still held a large place in his heart. Lenore loved his older brother as Bowyn loved him. 

Bowyn took joy in watching his pup grow. Praising Ambrose as he said 'mama' for the first time. Laughing at his favorite word that he often said while he toddled around the palace. 'bubbles'. Tabari had put oils in his bath one night which made bubbles and Ambrose loved them. The word quickly became a part of his limited vocabulary so he could ask for them each time he was bathed. 

Ambrose had begun to pull himself up using the furniture by the time he was ten months old. He was soon walking on his chubby little legs, following his parents around the palace. 

Bowyn could never understand why humans gave their children to nannies and servants to care for them. Especially nobles and Queens. Bowyn took so much joy in watching his pup learn and develop. He could not bear leaving his pup even for a minute. He wondered how humans could walk away from their pups so easily. 

Bowyn took Ambrose most everywhere he went. He would alternate sitting on his lap and Tabari's as they worked. The pup was so content with being with his parents that he was never fussy or bored. 

It was Ambrose's first birthday in a few weeks. Keir's birthday was also within the week. Tabari had planned a small party at his Uncles' Kingdom. Which is where they were headed to now. Gifts were wrapped in decorative papers for both Keir and Ambrose. 

Ambrose squealed, the small boy bounced on his father's knee as he looked out the window. The palace had come into view and Ambrose could sense his uncles and grandparents. 

Once they arrived at the entrance to the palace, they spotted Tabari's family at the bottom of the steps. Akio waves to his parents as he climbs out of the carriage, Lenore following. They grab a few presents before making their way to their family. 

Tabari and Bowyn stay in the carriage, Bowyn sensing his mate's nervous energy. He reaches out, grabbing hold of Tabari's shaking hand. Giving him a reassuring smile. 

"It will be okay. Your father is going to love his surprise. Now let us go and celebrate their birthdays. Ambrose is excited to go see his family. Just look at him."

Tabari looks down at his pup, grinning at Ambrose's toothy smile. He only had four front teeth. Two on the top and two on the bottom. He loved his teeth, smiling any chance he got to show his parents them. 'Teef', he called them. 

Tabari leans down and presses a kiss to his pup's rosy cheek. He slides out of the carriage, his pup in his arms. He tightens the large shawl around his body, shivering in the cold. He smiles at Bowyn as he grabs the rest of the presents, following Tabari. 

Keir and Collin embrace their son as they spot him. Cooing at their grandpup, Ambrose giggling, loving all the attention he was getting. 

Tabari's youngest brother Mattias giggles as he wraps his little arms around his leg. Tabari picks up the one-year-old pup, Mattias snuggling against Tabari's chest. His two other brothers Ren and Luca also embrace him.