Five

Collin, Keir, and their four other pups gather around Tabari's unconscious body as the palace doctor treats him for a cut he received on his elbow when he fell.

Ansel stands rigidly next to King Bowyn as he sips his wine. Greyson wraps his arms around Rumi's bicep as he tries his hardest not to look at King Bowyn.

"I will be honest with you," King Bowyn says, taking another sip of his wine to finish it off. "I was never going to sign a treaty with you."

Ansel's eyes widen and his fingers grasp onto the ends of his overcoat. Rumi's eyes meet King Bowyn's, a sign of great disrespect in his Kingdom.

"Then why would you come here in the first place," Rumi grits out through clenched teeth.

"I was going to see how much information I could get out of you about your Kingdom. To see what I was up against. I had no intention of signing your pathetic peace treaty. And as I left I would decline. My Kingdom does not require allies to thrive, we have all the materials we need. You are of no use to me."

"So why tell us all of this? You are greatly outnumbered here. You will be dead within minutes if you become a threat," Rumi says angrily.

"I have changed my mind, that is why. You have something I want. I assume you would do anything to keep your Kingdom out of harm's way." King Bowyn smirks as Ansel takes a deep breath.

"What do you want from us," Greyson speaks up from his place beside his mate.

Tabari's eyes flutter open and he hisses when the bright room comes into view. A doctor and his family hovering over him. Tabari groans, grasping onto Akio and begins to pull himself up into a sitting position.

"Careful, Tabari," the doctor warns. "Try not to put pressure on your elbow. And stand gently, we do not want you to fall again."

Akio helps Tabari to his feet, two of his younger brothers holding his legs to assist his balance.

"What happened?"

"King Bowyn arrived and as soon as you saw him you fainted," Akio says. "We should have just allowed you to come into the dining room after he was seated. How are you feeling?"

"Fine... I am fine..." Tabari's eyes wander over to where his mate stood with his three uncles.

King Bowyn's eyes lock onto Tabari's. Tabari knew he should look away to show respect to his superior, but he could not convince his eyes to stray from the beautiful man.

"I want the boy," King Bowyn says, pointing to Tabari. Tabari's eyes widen and he takes a step back.

"What? No, you are not taking my son away from me," Keir yells, pushing Tabari behind his body to shield him.

"You said that you would do anything to keep your Kingdom safe," King Bowyn says smugly, looking down at Ansel. "What is one life compared to thousands?"

"You can suck my c-," Greyson pulls back the fuming Rumi so he would not attack King Bowyn.

"What... what will happen if we do not comply," Collin asks timidly.

"Well, if you hand the boy over we can sign your peace treaty. But if you fail to comply, I will take him anyways and there will be no peace treaty being signed. In addition to taking him, I will wage war upon your Kingdom. I will ask again; what is one life compared to thousands?"

"You cannot take him without justification," Ansel says, his face paling. "We will not let this happen. He does not need to be subjected to whatever cruel treatments you decide to use on him!"