chapter 2

he watched the smaller male's chest rise and fall with every breath, buried in deep sleep. once he is sure the other wouldn't wake up, he steps out of the dark. taehyung stands at the side of the bed, examining the human with a curious tilt of the head. his hands in his pockets itching to reach out and touch him.

two weeks and three days. that's how long taehyung has been watching the human. ever since he found the other walking home one late sunday night, his fascination for him has been growing with every passing day. his first instinct was to pin him down, sink his teeth into his perfect little neck, and feed until his body fell limp and lifeless. the smell of the human's blood is oh so tempting, but something inside taehyung doesn't want to kill him just yet.

so here he is, in the young mans room for the fifth night now. his ruby red eyes staring at the human's peaceful face before eventually shifting his attention downward toward his slender neck. taehyung's fangs lengthen on reflex at the sight, sharp ends prodding at his bottom lip. his eyes clench shut, trying to control his predatory instincts.

he studies the human once again, contemplated why this specific human is so alluring to him. taehyung has never had to think twice about killing a human. they mean nothing to him. he feels nothing for them, not even when they beg and scream for him to let them live. so what makes this one different from the others?

he steps closer, close enough to reach out and touch the other's neck. it's warm to touch, especially compared to the vampires ice cold hand. gently running his fingers down the human's fair skin, he watches as the sleeping male's brows slightly furrow, his body slightly shuddering.

taehyung's head cocks in intrigue, keeps his gaze on the others face waiting for more reactions as he trails a finger down his neck to his clavicle. the thought of how easy it would be to lean over and sink his fangs into the soft skin is all too tempting. before he knows it, his mouth is hovering over the humans throat, open wide and fangs bared ready to bite down. he can practically imagine the warm liquid running down his throat. he can almost hear jeongguk's screams of fear. almost see the look of terror in his brown eyes. taehyung's eyes glow with excitement. it would be all too easy.

but instead he presses an open mouthed kiss onto the warm skin, fighting the strong urge to bite down. the human shudders beneath him. a quite, breathy groan slipping past his slightly parted lips as his brows pull together in his sleep. and just like that the vampire is gone out the window, the curtains flowing behind his leave with the breeze.

~•~

the morning breeze is chillier then usual this morning. jeongguk shivers as he gets out from under his blanket and walks over to the open window. his face contorts into a look of confusion when he recalls that he both closed and locked the windows last night before bed. he quickly brushes it off, too tired to put too much thought into it.

after washing his face and brushing his teeth, he takes a look at his reflection in the mirror. he tilts his head to the side and allows his fingers to smooth over the side of his neck. he vaguely remembers having a dream of someone kissing his neck last night. it felt strangely vivid, it was almost as if he could still feel the pair of lips on his skin.

"weird," he muses aloud.

~•~

the couple sprints through the pitch black woods, trying their best not to trip over branches and roots as they hold each other's hands. their hearts are racing, breaths coming out rapid and panicked as they scream for help. there's no use in running, they would be easily caught soon even as fast as they were pushing their legs to move.

taehyung watches over them in the lofty tree, watches as yoongi hunts them down with a terrifying grin on his face.

"run while you can," yoongi's maniacal laugh sounds throughout the white forest. "I'm gonna catch you guys soon."

he had always enjoyed the hunt; they all do. but yoongi enjoys it most, always going out of his way to let his prey run around in fear like mice in a maze before finally capturing them. their fear is like a drug to him. it aggravates taehyung occasionally, especially when the hunt would go too far, take too long and cause the humans to almost escape from them. yoongi has always been the most impetuous out of the three, despite being the eldest.

his fun ends when namjoon cut the chase short, leaping down from one of the trees and onto their helpless victims. their screams don't last long. sharp teeth tear into the flesh of their neck before they can yell for help. the bodies are left in a small pool of blood for an unsuspecting passersby to discover once the sun rose in the morning.

"I want more," yoongi groans.

taehyung isn't completely satisfied either, but he isn't in the mood for another unnecessarily drawn-out chase with yoongi. "you two go then. I'll meet up with you guys later."

"where do you always go?" namjoon questions.

taehyung doesn't answer his question, simply muttering "nowhere" before taking his leave. taehyung can not trust the others around jeongguk. not with yoongi and his impulse to kill every living thing he can get his hands on.

he doesn't want jeongguk dead. not yet, at least. and definitely not at the hands of yoongi. if anyone is going to kill the human, it is going to be himself.

it doesn't take long to reach the bookshop. he makes it just in time to see his little jeongguk close up for the night. the vampire hides in a dark alley, still close enough to see through the front windows of the store. he pulls his black blood over his head, covering his brown locks. observing the human intently, his gaze follows the other's every move.

jeongguk is wearing a white sweater today. a pristine white sweater, free of any marks or stains. the desire to soil it, dirty it with crimson clouds the vampires mind. it would almost be effortless. wait for him to lock up the shop, briskly grab him, and drag him into the alley. jeongguk would never be able to fight him off. not with the vampire's inhuman strength.

"so this is where you've been running off to."

taehyung jerks his head toward the source of the familiar voice behind him. "what are you guys doing here?"

"we wanted to see what you've been hiding from us," namjoon says, shrugging.

"a human?" the eldest scoffs, "that's it?"

this is why he didn't want them to find out. they could never understand his sudden unusual interest. even he doesn't understand it himself.

"he's cute, I wonder what he'd taste like," yoongi smirks as he runs his tongue over his teeth.

"shut up, yoongi," taehyung growls. "don't touch him, he's mine."

"so why don't you just get him now, what are you waiting for?"

not yet, taehyung thinks as he watches the human walk away. not tonight.