chapter 5

red. all he sees is red.

he's never been so enraged before in all his years of living. his lack of emotional connection with humans is something taehyung has always been proud of. it makes feeding so much easier. makes life less complicated. all it takes is one human. one wide-eyed, naive little human to ruin it all.

images of yoongi on top of the human- his human- flashes through his mind. his clenched fists shake at the memory. the feeling of violent, uncontrollable anger fills his body and he wants to tear yoongi's head off. "I'm gonna fucking kill you!" taehyung growls as he drags the vampire out of jeongguk's house. he's glad the human doesn't have any close neighbors so he can take care of yoongi without worrying about the risk of being seen.

namjoon is already outside waiting for the two of them. "taehyung, calm down."

calm down? how can he calm down when yoongi, someone he knows very well and trusts, betrayed him after giving him his word he wouldn't?

"I didn't even do anything that bad," the eldest scoffs.

the younger throws yoongi against a tree before angrily saying, "you didn't 'do anything that bad'!? you fucking followed me to jeongguk's house, knocked me out, and went in the there and touched him when I told you not to fucking do anything to him!"

"so?" yoongi says, "you're just lucky I didn't kill him."

he stands up, dusts himself off in a carefree manner as a smile slowly starts forming on his face. that stupid, smug smile that infuriates taehyung so much.

"how does it feel, huh? to see me on top of his weak, little helpless body like that? knowing that I could've done anything that I wanted to him before you came in. he was crying, you know that? it was so cute," the elder taunts, a self-satisfied grin on his face. "I almost didn't wanna leave. bet you wish you were the one making him cry instead, right?"

taehyung clenches his fists as he takes a step closer in warning. "shut your fucking mouth," he growls.

"and his lips," yoongi says, ignoring the younger's threats. "god, taehyung, you should've felt them."

"yoongi." namjoon stresses, urging him to cease the provocation.

taehyung is on the eldest in a second, one hand on yoongi's throat and the other striking his face with a closed fist over and over again. blood drips from yoongi's nose and bruised lips when he finally fights of the younger. a boisterous, spiteful laugh comes from his mouth as he wipes the blood with his sleeve. "try to remember that feeling next time you try to disrespect me again, you brat. always acting like you know what's best for us and treating me like a fucking child you have to control. don't forget who's in charge here. I'm the oldest, remember? next time I won't hesitate to tear his throat out."

taehyung chest heaves as he takes deep breaths through his nose, his jaw clenched. he can't believe yoongi is trying to reprimand him. yoongi is always being irresponsible, forcing the younger two to clean up his messes so they wouldn't get caught. "maybe if you didn't act like such a fucking child and actually thought before you fucking did anything I would actually respect you," taehyung hisses.

the two vampires lunge at each other, throwing fast and brutal punches at each other's faces until they both fall to the ground in a mess of long limbs. taehyung feels more and more satisfied with every blow to the elders face, feeling the rage course throughout his body as yoongi's words echo in his head. he feels blood dripping from his nose and his eyes are throbbing by the time namjoon finally pulls them apart. "I thought I told you guys to stop trying to kill each other!" namjoon barks.

taehyung scoffs, "he fucking said he wouldn't touch jeongguk."

"I'm just tired of you always going at each other's throats."