chapter 11

jeongguk always looks so peaceful when asleep. it's a refreshing sight compared to the frightened expression the human always gives him. once the golden light of dawn shines through the white curtains the human stirs, rolls over and rubs the slumber from his eyes.

"you're up early."

he jolts up, no longer half asleep now that he remembers he shares the house with a vampire. his eyes go wide and then relaxes once he gets a grip of reality.

"I expected you to sleep in considering how tired you were last night," taehyung says. jeongguk looks so vulnerable like this, so small in his little bed with his messy bed hair and confused drowsy face. it's rare for the vampire to stay long enough to see him wake up in the morning. he thinks about how he should stay until morning more often.

"me too," the other says quietly.

the vampire studies jeongguk's face, knows he probably feels rather uncomfortable being watched, but he doesn't stop. jeongguk looks like he's contemplating something, like he has something to say, but he doesn't know if he should say it or not.

"go ahead."

the shorter's brows furrow together in confusion.

taehyung resists the urge to laugh. "you have something you want to say, don't you?"

jeongguk swallows before speaking, it's a habit he's developed before he speaks to him, the vampire's noticed. "do you," he pauses before continuing. he looks unsure of himself. "do you watch me sleep?"

taehyung allows the corner of his lips to pull into a small smirk as he chuckles. "not every night, but yes. I do."

the human's expression is one taehyung cant quite decipher. he looks surprised, but at the same time, not.

"do you sleep?"

he nods, "but not at night."

"where do you sleep? do you have a house?"

"well aren't you a curious little human," taehyung jests. fear flashes across the human's brown eyes. he leans back in his chair, tilts his head in amusement before saying. "I'm just teasing you. I guess you could say I have a house."

he's staying in a not too far from jeongguk's that he seized from one of his victims before he left with namjoon and yoongi. fortunately it belonged to a shut-in, so no one ever noticed he was gone and left the empty free for taehyung to use it. he doesn't tell the other that. he can't imagine jeongguk will be too happy to hear he stole a house from someone he killed.

"I should uhm- get ready for work." jeongguk hops from the bed and quickly rummages through his dresser to grab some clean clothes, glances at the taller every few seconds like he's worried he'll go somewhere. he's about to pull the sweater off out of habit when the realization that taehyung is still watching him hits. he grabs his clothes and walks into the bathroom to change instead.

the human's cheeks quickly change colors and his eyes widen impossibly big as he shuts the door.

~•~

jimin is terribly persistent and determined to find jungkook a date. he's shown him photos of about five of his friends he thinks are his type. jeongguk's been coming up with the lousiest excuses on why he doesn't like agh guy. after the sixth he realizes jimin will never give up, he finally agrees on the set up.

his name is mingyu. he, jimin, and hoseok meet up about two times a month to sign and write songs together. jeongguk heard about him a few times before this, about how he's quite good at rapping and playing the guitar. he'd be lying if he said he doesn't find mingyu attractive, with his warm smile and adorable dimples. jeongguk's only talked to him a few times, but mingyu is just about the sweetest guy he's ever met.