chapter 25

The start of the day is not quite a good one. jennie accidentally put the new copies of Fifty Shades of Grey in the children's section, resulting in some very upset parents and an even more upset jin. jungkook had to convince his coworker not to fire her right then and there, considering he's a ticking time bomb and even though the girl is a horrible employee, she didn't deserve to be blown up at. He decides he'll just have to the deed himself, no matter how uncomfortable it makes him. He also decides he'll do it tomorrow since he and taehyung have to see jimin and hoseok tonight and he already has that to worry about without jennie's feelings weighing down on his mind.

"Please promise me you won't say anything to her tonight while I'm gone? I'll fire her tomorrow."

jin is reluctant, which is understandable since he's going to have to close up with her tonight and that means he'll be doing most of the work. "Fine," he says, sulking. "But I'm not promising anything. I swear if she knocks over another one of my displays, I bet you she's doing it on purpose."

jungkook's sure to give jennie as much work away from jin as possible for the rest of the day to save his coworker's sanity. It's Saturday, usually their busiest day of the week. It's when parents bring their children to browse their extensive collection of storybooks and when college students find the time to come in to check out their new releases of the month. jin is busy with helping out customers and jungkook's in charge of the register.

The line at check out is awfully long after lunch time. jungkook hasn't checked out that many books since their back to school sale. By the time he gets to the last person his cheeks are hurting from his customer service smile, but thankfully it's a familiar face. "Oh mingyu, hi."

mingyu's signature dimple makes appearance. "Hey, business is booming today huh?"

jungkook chuckles, "Yeah I'm so tired, but it feels nice to know we won't be out of a job anytime soon. Are you picking up some more books for your class?"

"Yup. The other teachers gave me a whole list of books they want too."

"I'm guessing you guys haven't found a replacement for that one teacher yet?" It's strange talking about the missing teacher, especially since he's pretty sure he knows who's behind it. The guilt eats away at him like a parasite.

The teacher shakes his head solemnly. "They haven't even found her body yet. And now those two hikers went missing, god. I really missed when this was a safe place."

jungkook nods and fights to stop the nervous tremble in his hands as he looks at the list of books. He knows he's not exactly responsible for the missing people per say, but knowing what's causing it and not saying or doing anything is just as bad, is it not? "S-Some of these books aren't in stock. I'll have to order them for you, is that okay?"

mingyu nods, "Yeah of course. Just give me a call when they come in."

"I think we have some of these in the back. I'm about to get off though, so I'll have jennie help you." He's not exactly sure jennie is going to be any actual help, but jin is busy with other customers and he has to go get ready for jimin and hoseok's visit so he doesn't have much of a choice.

Not five minutes later taehyung comes walking through the door, head to toe in all black as usual. jungkook wonders if the vampire even owns any color. The vampire scans the shop until their eyes meet. taehyung's expression softens and jungkook feels a fluttering in his chest.

"I'm gonna go get my stuff. I'll be right out."

When he comes back out, taehyung and jin are in what seems to be a heated discussion. The vampire looks absolutely livid. Even through those chocolate brown contacts jungkook can see the anger flashing in his eyes. His coworker doesn't look all too unhappy either. Oh no.