chapter 17

taehyung hasn't let him out of his sight ever since the night yoongi paid him a visit. Usually the vampire would come to see him and then disappear for a couple days, especially during the daytime, pressumbly to sleep, but as of late he's made temporary residence in the human's home. Everywhere jungkook goes, the convenience store, work, hoseok and jimin's coffee shop, the vampire's somewhere watching, guarding from afar. Not that jungkook minds, it's nice to know he has some protection from whatever or whoever is out there that could be after him. Somewhere in the back of his mind he's always known there has to be more of taehyung's kind out there, but he never really thought about it until now. Now it's real; the fact that there's possibly countless of these bloodthirsty creatures roaming the Earth preying on innocent people. The thought is chilling.

Even though he knows his red-haired attacker is a friend, and the term "friend" used very loosely here, of taehyung's, it still doesn't make him feel any less concerned about the possibility of another unauthorized visit. Every time he hears a noise behind him he nearly jumps out of his skin. His assailant has even paid him a few visits in his nightmares during his sleep.

Safe to say he hasn't exactly gotten the most peaceful nights of rest. He had to call out of work the next day after that night, which he didn't want to do since they just hired a new employee and it was his responsibility as manager to train her. Fortunately, jin was understanding, as per usual. jungkook always feels bad, like he's taking advantage of his coworker's kindness. He tries not to let his guilt eat at him too much.

Today is Sunday, which means the store is closed and it's especially good news for jungkook, because it means he finally gets some time to relax, well as relaxed as he can get knowing there's a unhinged vampire that assaulted him in his own home out there somewhere anyway.

He gets to sleep in a bit later than he usually does. It's almost noon by the time he wakes up to a beautiful sunny sky, the sound of birds chirping and dogs barking come in through the open window. When he goes into the living room there's no taehyung sitting on his couch and reading a book like there usually is. He frowns. Weird. He figures the other must've gone back to his house to pick some things up. What does taehyung's house look like, he wonders. He tries to imagine how the vampire would decorate and furnish it. He can't. He doesn't even know what the other's favorite color is. He's only seen him wear black, so he's assuming that's it.

He continues to try to imagine what kind of furniture the vampire would pick out as he starts to make breakfast for himself. Well, technically lunch, now. The entire house smells of bacon after about ten minutes. jungkook can hear his stomach growling and he bounces excitedly in place as he cracks two eggs onto the hot pan.

The edges of the whites are crisping nicely and he transfers them to his plate when he suddenly hears a knock at the door. He glances toward it with a confused look. taehyung would never knock. Neither would hoseok or jimin, they'd just yell for him to open up.

He cautiously makes his way toward the door, feels anxiety and fear take over his body even though he knows it's silly, because why would a vampire trying to kill him even knock before coming in anyway?

He breathes out a sigh of relief when he sees a familiar face through the peephole. "jin," he says after opening the door to reveal his coworker. "What are you doing here?"

"Ouch. No 'Hello jin, nice to see you' or 'What a lovely surprise'?" the other jokes, raising his brows.

jungkook knows he sounds rude and he really doesn't mean to, but the thought of taehyung coming home anytime soon and seeing jin, the one person taehyung insisted he didn't want him to be around, at his house isn't exactly the most pleasant thing he could think of at the moment.