Chapter 1

Hi! So I didn't really like how my other story was going because I couldn't figure out what to write so I decided to take a break and make a new one! Lemme know what u think!
_______________________________________
Valerie POV

I hear screaming come from downstairs and I instantly dash out of bed. I run quickly downstairs before stopping and seeing my sister running from her mate while he held pancake batter in his hand. I groan sleepily and they look at me. Jacob sets the pancake mix down and picks Saige up.

"Hey there twerp did we wake you?" He asks and Saige giggle. I smile. I sometimes envy their relationship. I wonder how it feels to do that with your soulmate.

I feel strong arms wrap around my waist and a firm chest hits my back. I look up to see a tired Blake above me. I stare at his brown eyes and he smiles at Jacob.

"Yeah thanks for that by the way." He says. Jacob just laughs and turns to the stove and flips the pancake with one hand, still carrying Saige.

"Sorry! I didn't know 2 PM was too early for you." She jokes. I gasp dramatically.

"You mean you woke me up before 6?!" She rolls her eyes. I smile and turn to Blake. "Hello handsome."

"Ah hello beautiful." He pecks me and I scrunch my nose. He furrows his eyebrows. "What?"

"Mm... Morning breath." I say. He just laughs and sits at the table with a smile. He may not be my mate and I know we'll find them soon... But I just wanna enjoy our time together until we're just best friends. "Be right back." I jog upstairs and look in my closet.

I finally pick a outfit and lay it out on my bed.

I slip it on and put my hair in a messy bun before going to the bathroom

I slip it on and put my hair in a messy bun before going to the bathroom. I lock the door and sigh before looking in the mirror.

If it weren't for my beta genes maybe I could've slept longer, I think to myself.

Yeah just sleep your life away. Jess mumbles. I roll my eyes at my wolf's remark and brush my teeth. I grab Blake's hoodie and put it on. I smell like him and it's nice.

He's not mate... Jess says. I sigh and put my phone in my back pocket.

I know but I care about him... I really do. I reassure her. She nods in understandment and I grab my skateboard, running downstairs.

"Hey pumkin." My dad says as I enter the kitchen. I set my board down and walk over to him. I kiss his cheek and steal a bite of Blake's pancakes before looking at the clock.

"Mm... I gotta go. Dad tell mom I'll call her." I say. I peck Blake. "See you later." I run out the house and ride my skateboard to town. I stop and Tony's repair shop. I go to the bathroom and quickly change before coming out.

I take my hair out the ponytail and put the scrunchie around my wrist. I walk into Tony's office and he looks at me.

"What's up Gonzalez?" He asks. I walk over to him and shrug.

"Just bored." I say. He chuckles and shakes his head.

"Then maybe you should try working." I pout.

"But that's boring too." I groan. He looks at me.

"Then maybe go to your actual job instead of helping Andrew?" I shake my head. Andrew is the Gamma and he's my best friends brother. Yes I do have another job as a barista but I enjoy working here part time. "Okay then."

"Fine see ya." I walk out of Tony's office, making sure to shut the door behind me. I see Andrew under a car and I walk over to my station.

"Hi I just don't know what's wrong with my car. It's making these weird noises and it smells bad." A costumer says. I nod and open her car lid. I examine it before closing it and getting under the car.

"Yep. It's your Catalytic converter." I tell her. I get from underneath and look at her. "Should be 500 or more give or take." She gasps. "But I can give you a discount for 250 cuz I'm feeling generous. Just go to that office and pay while I fix it up. K?"

She smiles and nods. I get back under the car and begin working my magic. I've worked with cars my whole life so I know a little bit about being a 17 year old mechanic. My dad used to take me to these super cool races and when I was old enough I eventually started racing myself.

They call me the unbreakable beast. I haven't lost a single race in my life. I learned how to fix up my ride by working at Tony's. He's like a second dad. He's not a werewolf but he knows about us considering he's mated to one.