Chapter 28

I finally sink back into reality when I hear yelling. I look to see Valerie growling at Jaiden. I quickly wrap my arms around her and she tenses.

"Baby relax." I kiss her shoulder blade and she sighs. "There we go."

"Okay. We can leave. I have everything I need." She says. Jaiden tilts his head. She kisses his forehead and he stops moving. His eyes go lifeless and his heartbeat stops.

"Baby did you just kill him?!" I ask in disbelief. "That's-"

"Just wait." She says. Suddenly Jaiden gasps for breath and coughs. He glares at Valerie. "You will die over
... And over... And over again until you understand my pain. I'll make sure of it." And with that she grabs my hand and leads me out of the basement.

She locks it and looks at me. I shake my head. That went better than expected.

'Alpha.' I hear Jason mindlink me. 'Your mother is sending you and Valerie an invitation to the moonlight ball.'

'Not much of an invitation if Im required to go but thanks. What time?' I respond.

'9 sir.' He says. I nod but then I remeber he can't see me.

'Very well. I'll see you then.' I cut off the mindlink and see Valerie gone.

"Valerie?!" I yell. I begin walking towards the kitchen. "Sunshine?!"

"Up here!" She yells from upstairs. I skip 2 steps up the stairs and see her searching through our closet.

"What on earth... are you doing?" I ask.

"Trying... To find... A dress for the ball." She pants.

"Oh... Okay then." I shrug.

"Yeah sorry I was snooping but I was bored." She says. I nod.

"Baby it's really not that important." I say, dodging a shirt she throws over her shoulder. She stops and glares at me.

"Not that important?" She asks slowly. I sigh and lean against the doorframe. "Alexander this is one of the most important days of my life."

"Rrrreallyyyy?" I ask. She rolls her eyes and continues searching. "And why is that?"

"I'm meeting your parents!" She exclaims. I put my hands in my pockets and she claps. "Finally!" She stands up and pushes me. "Out!"

"Okay Okay!" I yell shutting the closet door. I plop down on the bed and close my eyes.

Valerie's POV:

When I come out of the closet I see Alexander sleeping peacefully. I look at the clock and sigh in relief. 8:23... I have time.

I walk in the bathroom and apply makeup. Not too dark but just light enough. I look in the mirror and smile at myself.

 I look in the mirror and smile at myself