Chapter 16

Alexander POV:

I look at her with wide eyes. She's letting me in?! I kiss her deeply and grab her hand before lifting her up.

'Samantha I need you. It's about Valerie. She's letting me in.' I mindlink my sister. I recieve an Okay and soon enough she's sitting in between me and Valerie on my bed.

"Valerie are you sure?" Samantha asks. Valerie looks at me and nods. "Okay..."

We all close our eyes and Samantha chants a spell. I hold Valerie's hand and she squeezes tightly. Time for memory lane.

We open our eyes again but this time we're in a house. I look at valerie and she whimpers. I hear laughing and a younger version of Valerie walks in with a boy at her heels.

"Cassie what did I tell you? We're forever." He says. We watch them intensely and Valerie smiles. Or cassie in this view.

"I still can't believe you've managed to survive a rouge attack. I though I lost you Jaiden. " She answers. She kisses him and he lifts her up.

"I know. But hey. Now we can have more time." He answers. I notice a syringe and he plunges it into her arm. Valerie whimpers and I frown. Cassie looks at him with wide eyes before drifting off. "That's right. Sleep now."

When we blink again the whole scenery has changed. Cassandra is tied up with tears rolling down her eyes. Now that I think about it I've never seen Valerie cry. Valerie closes her eyes and looks down but I focus on the memory.

"Hello again Cassie." Jaiden says. She whimpers before sobs escape her lips.  She moves her hands but cries out in pain. "Wolf bane and silver darling." He takes the gag off and she coughs before looking up at him.

"Please... Let me go!" She cries. He punches her and she screams in pain. I growl lowly but then I remember I can't do anything.

"Speak when spoken to!" He yells. She coughs blood and I examine the cuts around her body.

"Please... Please stop." She whimpers in pain. He laughs and takes her chin in his hand.

"Let me mark you Cassie... This'll all go away if you just. Become. Mine." He says caressing her cheek. She whimpers again.

"No." She manages to say. Within seconds he punches her. She screams in pain as he kicks her cracked ribs. "Please. P-Please. Just stop." She spits blood out.

"Why can't you just listen?!" He tells kicking her again. She cries out in pain and he lifts her by her hair. "You still won't learn Cassandra!"

"You lied to me... You said you loved me." She whispers. He laughs.

"No one will ever love you! You weak," Kick."Stupid," Punch."disappointment,"  
Stab."Nobody!" Punch. She leans against the wall unconscious. "I guess we'll continue this tomorrow."

I whimper as he walks out and leaves my mate bloody. "We can go..." Within a second we're back in my room. Valerie opens her eyes first and gasps for air. I bring her closer to me but she tries to get out of my grasp.

"No!" She yells. I see tears begin to fall and I try to calm her. That's when I hear her piercing scream and a crack. Me and Samantha back up and I mindlink the pack doctor. She runs in a her eyes widen as Valerie screams in pain.

"Do something!" I yell. The doctor shakes her head as Valerie's arm twists back.

"Help me get her outside!" The doctor yells. I pick Valerie up and we run downstairs. I place her down in the lawn and she screams again. The doctor pulls me back and I try to get back to her. "Alpha Alexander if you want to help her. Leave it."

I growl but stand next to her, watching my mate scream in pain. A few more cracks later, we gasp at Valerie.  The most beautiful red wolf I've ever seen stands in front of us.

The only red wolf I've ever seen.