Chapter 30

I whimper as another tree branch scratches me. Jaiden just ignores me and keeps walking.

"How much longer?" I question. He sighs.

"Relax." He says. I roll my eyes.

"How? How am I supposed to 'relax'?!" I air quote Relax and run my hand through my hair. "We've been walking hours!"

"Fine." He snaps. He pulls me towards a street and I sigh in relief. We walk to a hotel and I walk to the counter.

"Hi welcome to the Bridgefort hotel. How many rooms?" A nice lady asks. She's young... Or uh.... Looks young.

"Just one." Jaiden says. "One bed as well. Oh and one night."

"Okay. You're total for tonight is 27.38." Jaiden gives her a card and she scans it. "Thank you." She gives him his card and hotel key. "Room 205. Second floor. Breakfast is from 6 to 12. Anything else?" He shakes his head. "Okay please enjoy your stay lovebirds."

"Thank you." Jaiden says before I can correct her. He pulls me to the elevator and I glare at him as he hits the second button. We reach our floor and I stare at him in anger as we reach our door. "Stop staring. It's creepy."

"Well good morning." He says in a husky morning voice. I continue staring at him and his eyes shoot open. "It's rude to stare at someone sleeping sunshine. And creepy."

"No it's not. I think it's romantic." I tell him. He rolls his eyes and yawns.

I feel tears forming as I remember that day. Jaiden opens the door and I walk in. I look around. It's nice. Like... Reallyyy nice.

"This was only 27 dollars?" I ask

"This was only 27 dollars?" I ask. He nods and I drop my bag on the bed.

"It's a lover's discount every Saturday." I nod and sit on the bed. I bring my knees up  to my chest and look at him.

"Where are we going?" I ask. He sits on the edge of the bed and I watch him. "Jaiden please. What am I here for?"

"I already told you. Why is that so hard to believe?" His head snaps up at me. "I love you. Alexander was in the way of our love. But now we can be together forever." I sigh sadly and slowly shake my head.

"Jaiden I... You can't love me. I..." My hair falls to the side and I bite my lip. "I don't..."

"Tell me. You don't what?" He asks, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I don't love you." I tell him. His eyes immediately fill up with anger but I need him to face the truth. "I could never love you. Not again. Jaiden don't you get it? You're a monster. You're not capable of love."

"That's not fucking true." He spits out. I frown.

"Look at me. I'm basically being kidnapped because you threatened my pack. You threatened the love of my life. I-" I scoff and shake my head. "You don't do that to someone you love."