Chapter 23

We head to the food court and order a burger and fries. Filia isn't that bad, besides the evil part. She's actually a super fun person once you get to know her.

"Now that we've done everything mind answering some questions?" I ask, biting into the burger.

"Shoot."

"Why doesn't Valerie cry?" I ask. She stops chewing and looks at me.

"Not that I care but don't you want to ask her?" I sigh and nod. "She's afraid to let you in. She doesn't want to get hurt again."

"But I won't hurt you." I say. She smiles.

"I know. She trusts you. Even if you did hurt her..." She says. Her eyes flash brown and I know Valerie is back.

----Valerie POV---------

"Welcome back." Stiles says. I smile sadly and stare at the plate in front of me.

"I haven't cried since my sister died." I explain. "When Jaiden took me... My sister came for me. Of course she came alone without a plan. She ended up getting captured too. For at least 2 weeks she was tortured in front of me. She said she couldn't do it anymore and I watched as she slit her throat in front of me."

Alexander's eyes widen and Stiles gives me a sad look. I clear my throat and continue.

"Um... When she did that it broke me. I cried until no more tears fell. That's when the uh... Attempts began." I look down and play with the bottom of my shirt. "I begged Jaiden to kill me. When he didn't I took matters into my own hands. I didn't care anymore. When I escaped... I went through training. Torture. I did weeks of training."

"What types of training?" Stiles asks. I stand up and take my shirt off revealing my sports bra and scars , not caring we're in public. They gasp and Alexander whimpers.

"Anyways I finally got used to the pain. It didn't hurt anymore." I slide my shirt back on and sit down. "So I made it my life's mission to never show any signs of weakness."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Alexander whispers. I smile and shrug.

"It's not the easiest topic guys." I joke. They smile.

"Valerie I'm sorry..." Alexander says. "I-" He stops and sniffs the air. He stands up quickly and I do too.

"Alpha what is it?" Stiles asks. He sniffs the air and I do too. Rouges...

"What are rouges doing here? And how did they get through the border?" Alexander asks. We look around and a pair of red eyes stare back at me. My breathing stops and he smirks.

I slowly make my way up to him. Alexander and Stiles follow behind me, yelling my name. I stop in front of him and stare at his chest.

"Hi princess." He says. I shiver and look down.

"Jaiden..."

---------Aurthor's note-------

Hi guys! Sooo sorry it's short but I'm currently very busy! I try editing but there will be mistakes.

Omg Jaiden?! As in Jaiden?!

My brain is telling me it's Jaiden... But my body... My body is telling me... Yesss😑🤗

Thanks for reading! Lots of love!