Chapter 2.

"Dale? Dale honey!?" my mother softly calls me out of my unpleasant thoughts. She has put on a diverse expression. I go through all the possible reasons on what would peculiar her instead of feeling smug after their big accomplishment. She looks down at my plate. What is she looking at? I have to find out furthermore I amplify her action.

I have barely touched my food. Oh no she probably thinks I find them deceiving which is not the case. I lost my appetite! Seems like I'm stressing out about moving out than I had anticipated. It is not everyday that my mom decorates the table with various kinds of food. Honestly she went all out preparing this lavarous food for us, golden brown roasted chicken filled with vegetables, green salads to brown bread and rice the food looks mouthwatering to eat for tomorrow. She often cooks like this only during the festive seasons.

"Dale, you haven't touched your food is everything okay honey?" my mother asks narrowing her brows. I stare at the colourful various kinds of food displayed in front of me but my eyes has other plans. Something brown from the table captures my eyes it's a bubbly liquid! What is it? It takes me a few seconds to register that it is actually an ice cream chocolate dessert or a pudding? I don't know what is it but it looks like a mad pool now, I want to tell my mom that by the time we finish clearing our plates the ice cream pudding would have have turned into a dam but today seems like my mouth refuses to cooperate with my mind. So I just stare at the delicate decoration.

My mother is looking straight into my eyes, her fork is placed back on her plate, her mouth is pressed into a line. I find it very amusing how put together her mouth is. I want to laugh at that but I can't, that would show Bryan's effects on me. She is staring at me like I have grown an extra head, why is she actually staring at me? Doesn't she know me? Of course she does she is my mother! What is wrong with me today? I need to cool it off. I start swaying my fork full of brocolli that I haven't ate yet back and forth. It's takes me a few minutes to realize that I haven't responded to her question.

"Uhmm...yeah I'm okay!" I tell her but she doesn't seem pretty convinced but her being Mrs Mayfield she just smiles at me though her smile doesn't arouse her eyes. With the corner of my right eye I see my father placing his hand over my mother's since she is sitting next to me and my dad at the far end.

"So do you have everything you need packed?" My father asks. Since I don't feel like talking to anybody today I just nod at him.

"Tomorrow is moving day! Are you ready for the big move?" my mother informs me again! She is really excited, No! Very gruntled.

"Yes I am." I smile. I'm really happy that we are finally moving, and upset that we are leaving obnoxious Elaine behind I'm sure going to miss her but this is what I need, I need this change. Sounds odd when I convert it that way! The change needs me? Still sounds odd it doesn't make any sense. In the meantime I'll just say that change is the new key of opening one of the unknown doors of life.

My parents continue to eat in peace.

"Rosa? Everything valuable is already gone right?"

"Yes, I don't think we would need to make a sound load! You never know." She smiles with pride. Where does she always get her confidence from? I never wish to walk in my mother's shoes or Frank's. I promise my mother to stop calling my father by his name. She always preaches about giving other people second chances especially the ones that you love! She has accomplished that. I doubt I'll ever rephrase from that, but I guess you'll never know the anchor life throws at you. These two can make you feel uncomfortable, their love for each other is so dense that it flows on water apart from the fact that they are two different substances that can never mix, their love substance of water and oil mend magically.

I decide to dismiss myself from our family-last-dinner in this shit of a house and head straight to just go to bed and stop playing with my food seeing as many don't have food! Plus it's nine o'clock everyone should go to bed too.

"Mama may I go to bed?" I ask her, my parents nod.

"Goodnight dear, don't let the bed bugs bite!" My mother laughs. She sometimes annoys me! She always about the cherish this, cherish that how can a woman of the era be so heart longing, so sweet it tears me into two my poor mother has been through the worst. I don't think worst is the right word to use vanquish is. I have really been blessed to have such a powerful woman in my life and I wouldn't dare have it otherwise.

"I won't." Sometimes when things get hard to bare you have to walk away it is not called running away from reality it simply means being mature enough to admit that something are deliberately time captivating for us to forge our smiles. I'm turning seventeen on the twenty first of October I have officially declared myself as a well groomed young man.

With that I turn on my heels and start to walk towards the hallway to get to my room away from the table. That worked quite well I proudly smile at myself.

As I walk towards my room I hear my father telling my mother that I am just nervous and that I never behave this way. This guy truly loves my mother. Their chemistry is so unique you can't find it elsewhere. My father might have a well made point maybe it is just the nerves catching up to me. I still walk and ignore what my father just told me mother about me not that I have any remark on that. The walk to my room is too long it has never been this long ever before in my entire life. I feel like I'm striding the long walk to freedom.

After sighing all the way I finally get there. I stand before my close door, rake the wooden brown door from the bottom up till the edge. I linkage was bad in this house! I didn't realise how bad my door has expand until now. Such things are one of the biggest reasons that push me on a daily basis to want to start afresh.

"This is it! The last day sleeping in this house!" The day has come.

As I am about to turn my door knob I remember that the truck has already delivered the beds at the new house except my mother and father's. I guess I'll be sleeping on the couch today. I go inside my room and sit on the my study chair and rejoice for about an hour to all the wonderful memories that we made in my childhood home. It's getting cold in here. I walk to my closet to retrieve my comforter, turn on the light switch but of course that truck driver had to hit my close light with my bed! How? I also don't get it too! How can you hit a closet light with a bed that won't fit inside the closet to begin with? That creep was definitely going through my stuff I warned my parents about him they blew me off now look where that has me. I groan to myself and walk to my closet to go get what I want my phone's battery is low I can't light the torch. I bicker on going back to the livingroom to ask my parents for something that produces light, I decide on not going I'm lazy anyway. Walk in the dark room, since I'm not so tall I claim on the first shelf to boost me with extra height. I fondle in the last drawer but I feel nothing. It gets to my attention that my mother placed it on the ground earlier I should've went to get that life and saved the energy. I continue fondling on the ground and I then feel a thick material under my hands.

"Found it!" I grab it and put it under my armpit. I look around my room one last time and close the door behind me. With the comforter still in under my armpits, my mother calls it a duvet. I find that name very extravagant it's comfortable and because it comforts my soon to be muscular body I therefore pronounce it a comforter. I carry it to the livingroom with me seeing that that's where I will be laying my head tonight, on the couch! Relief washing through me when I find that my parents have already gone to bed these sweatpants may be comfortable but they sure are hot. I stand and quickly go peek at the hallway for any sign of my parents, clear! I take off my shirt and pants I don't want my mom to see me in only boxers just imagine that tragedy.