Chapter 8.

Who is knocking on my door? It is six o'clock who wakes someone up at six o'clock? I think I might know the answer to that. I ignore the banging sound on my door. It gets louder. I'm not in the mood to go out especially after what went down yesterday, how me and Julie left things. My door clicks open.

"Can I come in?"

"You are already in" I politely correct her.

"Oh would you get up Dale, remember that today is a special day."

"Okay" I groan like a five year old. She smiles and turns on her heels.

Fifteen minutes later I'm deciding on what to wear I decide to go with my usual, timberlands boots, khaki jean's and my black polo shirt to add a final straw I spray my odor. I exit my room and from the hallway I smell my mother's work.

"Hey!!! Good morning young man."

"Good morning dad."

"Come take a sit" he glares at the chair for me to sit as if I wasn't going to sit on it anyway.

"Excited for today?"

"Not as excited as you are" I keep the mood cherry.

"True."

"What time did you two get back last night?"

"Around ten. We kissed you goodnight before we went to bed. You were fast asleep that you couldn't hear a thing."

"How are you my boy? You didn't seem like someone who would be gruntled to go out this morning. It is perfectly fine honey if you want to stay in. Your father and I can go check on the new garage and I promise we'll tell you all about it when we get back." She places a plate of English breakfast in front of me accompanied by a cup of cappuccino, just the way I love, creamy and sweet.

"No mama. It is perfectly fine." I mock her. To late she catches my dad and I chuckling.

"So you are mocking me now Mr 'you look exceptional'?" My dad burst into laughter.

"Exceptional Dale really?" I stand and walk to the livingroom but wait I forgot something really important for the day my breakfast I turn to get it.

"Uhmm...yeah eat it honey after all I prepared it just for you" and they all laugh at me. My mom can be quite annoying sometimes.

"Mmmh." I must say breakfast was good. We all indulged in the cream tea.

All done with the dishes and ready to hit the road.

"Let's go."

"Wait baby I think I forgot my lipstick in our bedroom let me check it in my purse first." She begins to dig in her Burberry purse "Oh found it." She beams.

"Can we go now?"

"Yes Dale we can. Quit being a baby." I want to say something back but after what happened yesterday I don't have the energy. We wait for my dad to move the car out of the driveway so we can get in.

"Dale is everything okay you are never this quiet?"

"Yes everything is fine mom. Everything is perfectly fine." I loudly sigh. Damn my parents heard me sigh. I close my eyes and cover them with the back of my arm. I know they are looking at me right now I feel their eyes on me.

"Stop staring" I whine.

They turn to face the front. Why isn't anyone giving me attention here? I try to force myself to sleep to circumvent gratuitous interrogations.

I hear noises I can't comprehend which sound they belong to. Red and blue lights are the first thing I see when I open my eyes sirens, they are overtaking my father's car seems they are heading the same direction as well. The continuous rumble of the siren spook the sleep left in me. My hand thread through my hair. Oh no this can't be good! Whenever my hands thread through my hair usually something bad is most likely going to happen. My parents don't look panicked at all.

"We are almost there" I shut my eyes "uhm Dale don't you think that is a little to late for that?" I murmur it's not to him.

We make a turn from a four way junction quite surprisingly it's not any junction it is our 'go home' corner. We take the exit on the right you know what that means I can't seem to hide my stupid grin. I keep my eyes wide open for any clues that could lead me to finding Julie's house, I must say Julie's street is not very conceptualized like I thought it would be.

"Honey please close your eyes" I do as I'm told.

"I'm excited" my mom starts clapping that's a sign that states she's nervous. It is only now I'm aware that my dad was not talking to me but to my mom.

The new garage come into transpire. The wall are painted navy blue they are tools also printed on the wall, the lawn is neatly cut like my father always say 'three centimeter is a way to go', the driveway is neat too neat. My father reaches into his pocket and takes out a small light blue and black remote control it must be the one that opens the gate.

"You can open your eyes now" he presses the yellow button and the gate automatically opens. My mother is already in tears.

Oh no I knew that something bad was going to happen.

"What is going on in here?" He seem to be asking the wrong people.

"I have no idea, but I sure would like to find out."

(Hey there. I have a Q for you: Who do you think passed Frank's car?)