Chapter 7.

I bring my hand to touch her shoulder.

"What the... what is wro..." Julie shattered out of fright.

"Deep in thoughts?" Julie did not hear me approaching her.

"You gave me a fright Dale."

"Sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yes I'm just thinking" I glance at the bench for her to give me permission to sit. She nods.

"Thinking about what?" I shoot a glare into Marvin's eyes then at the Ice-cream truck that's his cure to leave. His looking straight at me and that smirk makes my fingernails dig into my palm.

"Julie I'm going to the Ice-cream truck do you guys want anything?" He winks.

Julie and I both say we are good simultaneously.

"Okay." He shrugs

Julie is distracted she has been staring at the river for a while now. Her eyes haven't met mine ever since I sat here. I want to comfort her but I don't know what to say.

"So... how have you been?" She tilts her head to where I'm sitting.

"You were with me three hours ago!" She chuckles.

"It feels so long" a frown appears on my face.

"I know" she sighs and looks down to this purple flower. It must be a lily.

"Come here" I spread my arms wide open. She looks at me for a while before she gets in my comfort. I give her a tight hug the feeling of Julie between my arms is indescribable the soft feel of her breath against my neck can never be put into words, the way her squiggly eyelashes brush all over my skin good heavens Lord. My shirt feels wet. Julie is sobbing all over my shirt.

"Hey? Hey!? Look at me" she doesn't comply. I place my hand under her chin so I get a better view of her.

"What's wrong?" I'm worried about her.

"It's nothing" she wipes her tears using her hands.

She tilts her head in the other direction. I wonder what she is looking at. I also gesture a little from the bench to see what exactly Julie is looking at.

There it is, there it is. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing the same vehicle wherever I go. Something is different today. My mouth departs out of shock, It can't be for the first time the man has rolled down his window. He is wearing a black leather jacket with a black hat he is chewing at the end of toothpick and he is looking directly at us. Boy he seem like a surly person.

"hey Julie? Have you noticed how wherever we go the same car seem to appear? It is almost like it's following us."

"Yeah I have. I better go home." Julie stands to her feet.

"Whhaat...? But... but you just got here?"

"Yeah but the sun is about to go down and my brother hates it when I get home after six."

"You have a brother?" Surprise surprise Dale. Julie has a brother.

"That is what I said, wasn't it?"

"Okay. Let me walk you the...?"

"No!" My heart just shattered like glitter for sure.

"No?"  I can't hide the hurt from her word.

"No I meant you can't, what if my brother sees us together you know he would probably think that we are intimate" she said it as if it isn't true. Or is it?

"Okay. I understand Julie" I find my voice on mute so i also stand.

"Are you okay?" Do I look okay? How can you ask me that when I can tell when you are not okay? You broke my heart Julie that's what you just did! I wanna tell her.

"Yeah I'm okay. Goodbye Julie." I walk away. I can't find Marvin, I wouldn't be surprised if he went to prison for robbing that Ice-cream truck.

I arrive home. The walk wasn't so bad after all turns out I really needed it. Good thing my parents aren't back yet cause I need some alone time with those two around it's really hard to think your thoughts through. I decide to take a shower. After thirty minutes of being clean and watching the 'The Thundermans' while eating popcorn everything is just cool.

And of course after two hours of watching 'Charlie's Angels' I eventually get bored and will be lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling like I don't have anything to do. Technically that is true I don't have anything to do. What time will my parents get back it's past nine!?