Chapter 12.

The chirping birds sing their hearts out letting me know that it's the perfect time to wake up. What a beautiful way to start a Sunday. Today is going to be a good day. What time is it? I check the time on my phone, nine fifty five! I usually wake up around ten on weekends.

Something makes it's way into my nostrils. What's that smell? I sniff. Smells like pancakes my all time favorites. This is a good day.

"Hey Marv, can we reschedule. I have a date with Julie." I slip my feet in my slippers.

"Bzzzz!!!!" That was fast "you have a date with Juliet? No ways man" I won't let anything spoil my day. Jokes on you Marvin. I'm the only one at school who calls him by his name. I exit my room, close the door behind me and walk to the kitchen.

"Good morning mama."

"Good morning my boy."

"Smells good in here."

"I've made pancakes" she lifts the plate of pancakes in front of me just so she could boost. They are decorated with blueberries, she made smiley faces, they are awfully cute. "Go brush your teeth." I do as I'm told and make my bed.

"Where's dad?" I take my breakfast on the counter then head straight to the living room. I sit on the couch facing the tv.

"He had to rush to work, the equipments are arriving today." I eat my pancake.

"Do you have plans today?"

"No well yes. I'm meeting up with Julie later." I say it with a low voice.

"So are you guys friends or...?" She joins me in the room.

"Mom" I cut her off then cover my face with the back of my hand.

"What? I have to ask, you are at that stage. If you need any advice about girls my door is always open I know a lot about them especially the things they like."

"Mama I'm not having this conversation with you."

"I'm just saying if you need to talk about these things come to me." I don't answer back. "What time will you be meeting Julie?"

"Three."

"Alright finish up so you can help me clean the house."

"Do I have too?" I groan.

"Yes. Honey you have too. As soon as you are done you can slack off." I finish the last piece of my pancake. I take my mom's plate and mine to the kitchen. I place them on the counter next to the sink.

"Hell nah." I did not wash the dishes yesterday. I can't stand a sink full of dirty dishes.

"Hell yeah when you're done with the dishes let me know" She says standing behind me. "Oh Dale, let this be the last time you go to bed without the dishes being washed." She walks away.

Finished with the dishes and wiping the counters.

"Mama I'm done!" I tried my best to clean up as slow as possible just to let time fly by.

"Clean the bathrooms then you'll be officially done." Eww. Scrubbing is not so bad turns out I enjoy cleaning the bathrooms than doing the dishes.

Done!
Let me go bath. It's almost three.