Chapter 11.

Who is this guy? Why did he lie?

"It's great we love it. Thank you so much for selling it to my husband!" They interchange handshakes.

"It's no big deal."

"Whaaaat! this is a big deal. It's a whole new turn around for my family."

"You're welcome, the pleasure is all mine Mrs Rosa..." a car hoot shoots. "Look man I better go. Mrs Rosa, Dale I got to go but it was nice meeting you." He smiles then turns on his heels.

"Look!! you can pass at our house for a celebration dinner tonight. I'll message you the location" He turns around to answer my parents. please say no! please say no. I cross my fingers.

"I'll take that into account. Congratulations!" Yes!! I quietly hiss. That was a no I know.

"Thanks again Nav. Bye!!" My mom waves goodbye to 'him'. We all look at Nav as he gets in the car and drives off.

"Ohh...kay Lunch? How about pizza?"

"Let's go to Cafe Veloce, Dale?"

"Huh!!??" The whole world stops and stare at me. "Oh yeah pizza sounds good mmh" I aggressively lick my lips.

"Let's go family it's been a long day." Says the man of the house.

"Yes it has." I sigh.

"Good days don't last my boy, what is important is how you choose to spend those days" he stands in front of me.

"What you can do is fight those bad days to earn better days in life. Today started off good then went sour, you know I could have chosen to go sour with it but I asked myself why should I if I have the best things that are dear to my heart standing in front of me, why not ponder the previous time I have with them while there is still time. I also feel the same way about him!" He does. He rests his hand on my shoulder. After his insightful and impactful words I feel better now.

"You really do?"

"Yes I do, I know your mother does too!" We look at her.

"Oh yes I don't like him."

"See? You don't always have to like everyone you work with, you don't also have to show them that you don't like them. It's part of life, what matters is the gift presented to us which is everyday giving us another chance to reset and that is something you should eternally cherish." We lock eyes. "Come here"
nothing beats a father and son's hug.

"Snap ta-ta!! Snap tat-a-ta!!" She is taking us pictures.

"Mama!!!!" They laugh a contagious laugh. "So you saw him out there?" I look at my dad.

"Yes honey we all did."

"Why did you not say anything when he said he came late."

"Because somethings are not worth knowing."

"Group hug!!!!!!" She loves hugs but I understand why. This is home.

"I love you guys" they look at me " we love you too" they say simultaneously.

"Best parents picture? Huh? huh?" She smiles and raises her eyebrows.

"Best parents picture!" She knows I hate taking pictures. We were meant to take only one but supposedly ended up taking nine.

"You two get in the car, let me quickly lock up."

"Yes we all know how many days best parents pictures can take."

"Ha...ha very funny Dale I'm not going to laugh at that." My dad and I look at each other then burst to laughter. I know that it's only a matter of time before she does the same. And I'm right she's giggles.

"Okay you can lock up now!" She put on an intimidating face.
"Give me the car keys." My father hands them to her. She turns and heads to the car leaving my dad and I standing there. We saw the smirk.

I patiently wait for my dad to lock the garage. It is seven fifteen the sun is about to go down.

On our way to Cafe Veloce the sunset begins to howl. The scintillate gloaming color permit its luminous master's head under the horizon that has turned from light blue to yellow-red, conspicuously liberating the white night birds with heart-shaped faces and wings that are loud but don't make sounds sing their favorite melody to awaken the peaceful night. Birds dipping their soft fluffy arms in the lucid flow of air soar above us.

"It's beautiful hey?"

"Yes it is but very bright" Wish my mom wasn't asleep, so she can see it. With my mom asleep the rides are always quiet.

"I know what will kill the silence."

"And what would that be?" He takes out a CD and insert it inside the disc player. My favorite song starts to play my parents know that Tupac Shakur is my weakness.

"Oh yeah!!!! Life goes on by Tupac is life, that is a silence killer."

"I know, I still remember when my life used to be like this, it's as if Pac was dedicating 'life goes on' to me."

"Dedicating it to you? You a killer dad" I laugh at him.

"He the real truth."

"Turn off the music is too loud! Oh we have arrived." We approach the drive thru.

"Cafe Veloce good evening?" The hostess' voice comes over the intercom.

"Good evening"

"Bzzzz!!!! Buzzzz!!!" My phone vibrates. Julie!
"Hey Dale, just got home now sorry about today. Can we hang out tomorrow!?"

"Three o'clock?"

"Sounds good at pizzaiolo wood fired pizza?"

"Sounds good issa date?"

"No! Hilarious. I'm just making up for your family's big day." Damn.

We collect our dinner and drive home. We get inside and dish up. Everyone goes to bed early because they all are tired leaving me alone to clean up. I'll do the dishes tomorrow.

I go to my room and explore all my thoughts. What should I buy Julie for our date tomorrow? Maybe...?