Chapter 3.

It is three at dawn. I haven't gotten any sleep at all or perhaps I have. My mind is not engaging, still though I don't remember shutting my eyes. Here I am laying on this filthy couch, good thing we will be giving them away. The flowery comforter is still covering my body, I hate this comforter! The thought of throwing it away has crossed my mind multiple times but I would never do that, Elaine gave it to me on Christmas so it's somehow special.

The problem is that it keeps on reminding me of Elaine, who am I kidding I think of her all the time!

I get up and go to the kitchen. I take out a cup from the glass cabinets and pour the colorless liquid in my cup. I gulp down the entire cup within sec. I sure was very dehydrated. I sit it upside down on the sink. I return back to the couch that probably looks as if its preparing itself to give me nightmares. Moments later I find myself drifting off.

I'm am driving a black vintage vehicle looks like the latest i8 Chevrolet classic. I don't know where I'm going to but I'm still driving. Everything is black and white making it hard for me to navigate where I'm at.

"Dale!" Someone's calling for me. "Come home!"

I recognize the big black tree. I later see a house with a roof that has solar panels stacked on it. I know this house it takes me moments to register that I have just passed Elaine's house so I know for a sure fact that I'm going to my house.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"It is me. Help! Call the police." I know this voice. I find myself parking the black car I've never seen before on the side of the road and pop right out of the car.

I feel a forceful force drawing me to the black door of my house door. I open the gate slowly, it creaks open making a high, groaning sound. The force has gotten stronger its pulling me like I'm some armed paper hanger. I walk slowly taking in my surroundings when I face the front once more I surprisingly find myself on the lobby.

"Dale help me!" I look on the ground. Red liquid comes beneath the door.

"Oh dear not again! I'm coming hang in there." I turn the knob but the door doesn't open. I begin the throw myself on the door trying to open it. Tears rush out of my eyes "I'm coming!!" My arm starts bleeding but I don't care. I don't even feel the pain. I continuously keep banging, throwing objects, yelling at the door. Why is all this happening in my house?

"Stop it you are hurting me! Dale call the police! Dale! Dale!" I hear my name repeatedly being called upon on the other side of the black door.

"Dale! Dale!!!" I try turning the door knob. "Dale Mayfield wake up!!!"

I feel someone touching me, shaking my shoulder. I hear someone calling for me. I widely snap my eyes open taking in my surroundings. I take a moment to reinstate my mind that I'm in the livingroom.

For my nights shall forever be agitated and my rest broken by fearful dreams.

My mother is sitting on the edge of the couch. She pulls me in for a tight hug laying her chin on top of my mess hair. "Oh my poor boy. I'm so sorry." She is a sobbing mess.