Chapter 17.

Today I feel much better. After the conversation I had with my parents last night I'm back to my old self. Thankfully we came to an agreement on not to tell on Nav I had to do a lot of convincing. I woke up an hour earlier than usual so I turn off my alarm before it goes of on its own head to the bathroom to do my everyday route then go to the kitchen to make my parents breakfast. It looks colorful I fill the counter with eggs, bacon, toast, sausages and even pancakes. I made a lot of food but my dad would it a bear in one day. I shrug.

"Would you look at you." My mom says looking at the food decorated counter. She looks at me with concerned eyes.

"Don't." We laugh.

"I won't" she raises both her hands in defeat. "Eat your food now or you'll be late for school." I oblige.

I hug my mom goodbye and as usual I'm the first to arrive at our four way stop. I put in my headsets and sit on the rock there while waiting for the others.

"Hey you."

"Hey you." I smile and hug Julie hello.

"See you feeling better today?"

"Yes. The day has provided me with a graced morning." I smirk. Marvin thinks that I don't notice his intentions with Grace but I do. "Let's hurry up we don't want Grace getting any suspicions. Now do we?" He rolls his eye, I can live with that.

"No we don't." Julie answers, she doesn't know anything.

We meet Grace at the gate we all say our hellos but Marvin hugs her. We all are taken away by surprise at his gesture even Grace is. Julie and I pretend we don't see anything and walk pass them.

Schools good my English teacher ma'am Katherine Williams gave us an assignment to complete and it is about forgetting which I intended to do with Nav.

It's break now. I've tried every possible way to talk to Julie about the shooting before anyone else arrived she just kept on blowing me off.

"Today I'm thinking of going to my father's garage." I tell her.

"Okay" she shrugs.

"It is on the same street as were you live. So hopefully this time you'll show me where your house is." After the words leave my mouth she chokes on her food.

"You know what my brother sent me to the store today so I won't be able to walk with you all home." I want to tell her that I could walk her there after she changing her school uniform but I get a feeling that she doesn't want to discuss this any further.

"Here have my water." I retrieve it from my school bag and hand it to her. She gulps the entire bottle half way down.

"Maybe next time??" She raises her eyebrow and fails to smile. What is she hiding? My gut tells me that I'm missing something obvious I can't put my finger on it.

"Sure." I give her a weak smile although I am quite disappointed that she doesn't want me to see where she lives I mean what is the big deal if I know no one will even care.

After school I'm walking alone with Marvin. "You like her you like her." I stick out my tongue at him.

"Well..."

"Well say it. you like her?" I laugh. I have been torturing him since we left the school premises.

"Okay I give in. Geez you don't have to be an ass about it." I laugh Marvin is Scottish he has a accent. The way he says ass sends me over the edge. "Would you stop?"

"Nop."

"I figured." He rolls his eyes at me.

"I give in too."

"I have been wanting to tell you about Grace and I" I nod tell him to continue.

"It started on Saturday when you ditched me." I didn't really ditched him I was accompanying my parents that's all.

"My mom had visitors and I was getting bored so I took a walk and saw a truck" he rolls eyes. I know what truck it is. I grin. "I went to it and that's when I saw her turns out she really loves cold things. We spent the whole day together at a park I doubt you know it." He smiles and nod. Something tells me that they smooched I'd rather not get into it.

"S'cool I get it you like her."

"Yea! You could say that." When he told me that he licked her Ice-cream I couldn't hide the disapproval on my face. He ignores it. We have reached our destination.

"See you tomorrow."

"Let me gracefully say my goodbye to you." We laugh.
I humm all the way to my dad's workshop and try to avoid the ache I feel inside.

When I get there I see what I don't wanna see.