Chapter 26.

It was a dark night, the moon rose with fear.

"What just happened?" I mumble under my breath still hysteric.

I frantically stand up, bickering with myself whether to go out or stay in. "I'm going to suffocate." I'm going to suffocate if I stay in this house. I used to say our house is humongous, now it feels as if it has shrank. I can't catch my breath. Did that man really leave? Did I try to stop him? Of course not! Couldn't he at least explained what happened that resulted to taking that major decision? He could have but he chose otherwise. What a pathetic man, maybe he does deserve to die. I cover my mouth after the last thought. What has gotten in me! See what pathetic fathers do to us children, they fuck as up and leave us hanging for the next to take advantage. First it was Gayton now it's Frank, what is happening in this household? Maybe we are doing something wrong, main question is What!

I feel smoke coming out of my ears. I have transformed into the red pepper that makes everyone suffer from indigestion.

I look at my reflection from the glass table.

I stare at the wooden door trying my best to stop my heart from leaping out of my chest. I mentally make my way to the door, my feet supports my mentality.

Where am I even going to? I'll go to Jukskei park.

Our neighbor's dogs always gets in our yard and leave their shit everywhere, I don't feel like cleaning it up. Let me close the gate I don't want my mother to be bitten by those creepy monsters.

I began to jog. Walking doesn't sound that appealing it is only going to engage me with the misty thoughts clouding my mind.

I get there. I take a sit on one of the beaches, put my feet on the bench and collide my knees against my chest and hide in my little universe. Tears start coming out. I feel as if sometimes we just got to let it  all out, so much have been eating me up. I really am a weak bitch just look at me weeping like I'm some baby how pathetic! Despicable me!

After a few minutes of pretending to be a cry baby, a familiar voice comes through.

"Hey." I jolt my head up from my knees to look whose voice it belongs to.

I nearly had a heart attack.

He is here standing in front of me the strange stranger. I'm at my lost of words.

"Hey kid, are you okay?" I nod.

"You look whack." I repeat the action again. I don't believe what I'm seeing. Nav is here with me, talking to me. "Look man at least say something." I want to but I don't know what to say.

"Yea. I'm great, super!" I don't know how those came out.

"Get up man." He says in a cherry voice.

"No!"

"Boy I certainly will not kidnap you." He does air quotes on the last two words.

"Leave me alone. My mother doesn't like it when I talk to strangers." He bites down his bottom lip to prevent laughter from falling when I mentioned my mother.

"You calling me a stranger? Wow. Come on dawg." He lifts his hands in disbelief. "Dale your dad bought that workshop from me."

"Exactly, bought it from you! He wasn't employed by you." I also do air quotes on the word bought.

"Me and your dad came a long way." I choose not to respond.

Something sways the trees from behind. "What was that?"

"Get up man. Let's go." I nod.

When we get to the car I don't cry like I had assumed i would. I just sit and stare outside the window. Nav puts the car on ignition and drives.