Capítulo 8

I put on a black midi dress and little high heels. Today the Baxter School is having a dance and Sabrina invited me to come. I'm so happy to see them again.

"You should learn to knock." I tell my visitor, which is nothing less than Caliban.

"Where is my Queen going?" He asks as walks towards me.

"Out. I need a break from Hell." I admit.

"Shouldn't you be resting?"

"Is that concern in your voice?" I look at him and he smirks.

"Maybe I should come with you to make sure you don't get hurt." He says. I think about say no, that I was strong enough to protect me, but for some reason, I want him to go with me.

"Okay then." I come close to him and let him teletransport us to one of the rooms at Baxter High.

"Do you even know how to dance?" I ask him. He smirks at me. Of course he does, he must be perfect at everything.

"Care to dance?" He extends me a hand, and I give mine to him. He push me closer to him and stars to guide.

"Why am I even surprise you can dance?"

"There are a lot of balls in Hell, in case you don't know." He smiles.

"You didn't have to save me last night."

"I couldn't let you die, could I?"

"You would have what you wanted."

"But I wouldn't have earned it."

"I thought you didn't care about honor."

"I recently started to." He smirks at me.

...

I'm sitting above all the ball in a moving platform when Caliban finds me. I had sneaked out on my friends.

"Who's that?" He caught me looking to a boy.

"That is Keith." I smile. "I used to have a thing for him."

"Lust?"

"No. Not lust, love. "

"Oh." His face changes. "And did he loved you back?"

"No. I never told him about that."

"Why not?" He looks genuine curious

"Because I thought I didn't deserve love." He's confused. "When I lost my parents and then my grandma, I thought that I was not worth being loved so I never told him. But when I found the gang, Sabrina and the others, I realized that they loved me no matter what, and they make me believe that I was worthy."

"So, you became queen of hell for them."

"That way I can protect them and guarantee they will never die because of me, and that they will be happy. Did you ever love someone, Caliban?" He smiles, but in a sad way.

"There's no love in hell, less along in the pit." I forgot that he was made there.

"I'm sorry for that."

"Why?"

"Because loving someone and they loving you back is the best feeling I ever had."

"Time to go back to hell, princess."

"Let's go."

"You don't want to say goodbye to your friends?" I look at them down there dancing and I shake my head.

"No. They look so happy; I don't want to make them sad by going. Let's go home." He nods and gets up and take us back to hell.

When we arrive to hell, he's still close to me as needed for the portal. I wait for him to stand back, but he just keeps looking at me. I finally take a step back, using all the strength in me.

"We should go sleep." I tell him, backing off on him. He leaves my room quietly as I go to the bathroom.

Why didn't he take a step back?